walk around lens

One of the newer 24-70 f2.8's ought to do it for you. Of course, that's for full frame.

For crop body I use the Sigma 18mm to 50mm 2.8 macro. The 35mm equivalent is 27mm to 75mm. It serves as a macro lens, decent portrait lens and general scenic/landscape lens. 27mm is wide angle which fits group shots or inside shots in fairly small areas.

skieur

Hard to beat the Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS. In the Popular Photography tests, it rates better than the similar Canon and Nikon lenses[FONT=&quot].

[/FONT]

my walkaround is a tamron 18-200 with similar specs, I love it.

when you say "one that can be attached to the camera for long periods of time", what do you mean?

is it a bad thing to keep your lens on all the time? usually when im done shooting i just put my camera in my bag with the lens still on.

Nothing bad should come of keeping a lens on the camera provided that you store it well so that your not putting undue pressure on the mount fitting. I think what the OP means is a single lens so that he/she does not have to change lenses when walking around - whilst SLRs have that advantage sometimes its nice just to fit one lens and go out for a walk without a bag of kit with you

Most reactions

Back