Walk in the woods

mrodgers

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a picnic with the kids at the local state park in the Allegheny National Forest here in Pennsylvania. It's beautiful for hikes. Along the path, I came across this little baby sapling with the sun beaming down through a break in the large tree's foliage.

Not asking specifically for critique, but please feel free to C&C.

Fuji FinePix S5700, 1/400, f/3.5, ISO400, curves work in PP
20080831TreeCooksForestDSCF6909.jpg

And along the same path, I came across this nest, again with the sun beaming down upon it.

Fuji FinePix S5700, 1/250, f/3.5, ISO400, curves work in PP
20080831BirdsnestCooksForestDSCF689.jpg

I like the first one very much. I think the composition is great, and the way the sunlight hits the plant seems almost planned by you. I would just like to see just a bit more of the background. The detail is clearly there, and I think lightening that area a bit will not take the focus away from the subject.

number 1 is really cool i agree that it needs a little bit more light on the background but a really good pic!

number 1 is really cool i agree that it needs a little bit more light on the background but a really good pic!
Ok, thank you for the feedback. I was specifically trying to tone down the background. I can have another play tonight and see what it will do to bring more detail out in the background and post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back