Walking away

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Nagala, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Nagala

Nagala TPF Noob!

I haven't had time to process all the ones from the race yesterday and I'm leaving tomorrow to head for Chicago for 2 weeks, so here's one to leave you with until I get plugged into my hotel. This was taken just north of the Nashville Colliseum. I don't want the critique to head into any particular direction so I'll keep my mouth shut as to my opinions. Feel free to comment. Too many people afraid to drop a thought in here. What would YOU have done? ;)

[​IMG]

2. molested_cow

molested_cow No longer a newbie, moving up!

Nothing major. I want to see how it will work if you can distinct the girl's coat from the background more. Then again, it looks perfect now.

3. Walt

Walt TPF Noob!

Personal taste only, but I think I would have taken it from a fews steps back to get a little more perspective.

4. areuwhatudream

areuwhatudream TPF Noob!

I agree, I think it would have been an interesting shot if you pulled back and made the frame vertical so you can see her whole self walking away... I think it would help put the person looking at the picture more in the momen

5. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I agree that a bit more perspective would help here. Perhaps some additional contrast, it looks a bit grey to me but that sometimes happens when viewing online.

6. Firelance

Firelance TPF Noob!

I think it's good! Maybe a little more perspective, a bit more contrast, but this one is pretty good already:)

7. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

NAGALA - Do you ever take bad pictures?

8. central183

central183 TPF Noob!

I worked on it for a bit to show you a different perspective. There are color crystals in the bridge spans. I would try to get them out. They are distracting. Over all I really love this concept. It's a very pleasant image. I found it calming.
    [​IMG]

9. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think that this looks pretty good as is. I love the composition, and wouldn't change a thing about that. Possibly the blacks could be made a bit darker, but that could be my monitor, your monitor, etc... I'd have to see a print to really evaluate that. I would like to see variations using less DOF, and some fill flash, but I'm not sure that those would be better than what you've done. What equipment did you use for this?

10. judehei

judehei TPF Noob!

I can't think of anything to change, though just as a thought, it would be interesting to see the same shot taken from a lower perspective, showing more sky and more spans of the bridge. Not really to replace this shot, but it would be a nice picture. Awesome :)