Walking away

Nagala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I haven't had time to process all the ones from the race yesterday and I'm leaving tomorrow to head for Chicago for 2 weeks, so here's one to leave you with until I get plugged into my hotel. This was taken just north of the Nashville Colliseum. I don't want the critique to head into any particular direction so I'll keep my mouth shut as to my opinions. Feel free to comment. Too many people afraid to drop a thought in here. What would YOU have done? ;)

Umbrella%20Bridge2.jpg

Personal taste only, but I think I would have taken it from a fews steps back to get a little more perspective.

Walt said:
Personal taste only, but I think I would have taken it from a fews steps back to get a little more perspective.

I agree, I think it would have been an interesting shot if you pulled back and made the frame vertical so you can see her whole self walking away... I think it would help put the person looking at the picture more in the momen

I agree that a bit more perspective would help here. Perhaps some additional contrast, it looks a bit grey to me but that sometimes happens when viewing online.

I think it's good! Maybe a little more perspective, a bit more contrast, but this one is pretty good already:)

I worked on it for a bit to show you a different perspective. There are color crystals in the bridge spans. I would try to get them out. They are distracting. Over all I really love this concept. It's a very pleasant image. I found it calming.
woman_on_bridge.jpg

I think that this looks pretty good as is. I love the composition, and wouldn't change a thing about that. Possibly the blacks could be made a bit darker, but that could be my monitor, your monitor, etc... I'd have to see a print to really evaluate that. I would like to see variations using less DOF, and some fill flash, but I'm not sure that those would be better than what you've done. What equipment did you use for this?

I can't think of anything to change, though just as a thought, it would be interesting to see the same shot taken from a lower perspective, showing more sky and more spans of the bridge. Not really to replace this shot, but it would be a nice picture. Awesome :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back