TiCoyote

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4619619115_cd6db42388_b.jpg

4620233092_2f224395dd_b.jpg

4619618893_7eab3e413a_b.jpg

I'm trying to hold the camera steadier and get sharper pictures. #2 is probably the sharpest. I like the color of the warm light on #3. I'm not sure about #1. It has more going on, but I think it looks sloppier.

#1 is a weird crop... the dimensions are the first thing I noticed. The building up top is very bright and draws attention away from the boat. It's a busy scene...

#2 - The simplicity of this is welcomed after the first photo. Good exposure, focus, nice detail.

#3 - The light is beautiful but the photo lacks a subject. Buildings, powerlines, trees.. eh. I could go around the state of Ohio and take pics of all sorts of mundane stuff..
(you were going for sharpness and technique though and this is sharp)

Not trying to be a dick, sorry. Where abouts in New England are you? I used to live in Mass on the North shore. I miss it.. Lots of great things to photograph in New England, I'd seek them out and try to keep my photos simpler..

On a side note, Boston craigslist has more used photo equipment - it's unreal compared to Cleveland where there's almost nothing..

Not trying to be a dick, sorry. Where abouts in New England are you? I used to live in Mass on the North shore. I miss it.. Lots of great things to photograph in New England, I'd seek them out and try to keep my photos simpler..

On a side note, Boston craigslist has more used photo equipment - it's unreal compared to Cleveland where there's almost nothing..

Thanks for the feedback. Don't worry, I'm not offended by anything you said. In fact, it seemed pretty objective and evenhanded.

I've been finding more and more that if I'm close up to a small or medium subject, the photo comes out pretty well. Flowers are easy. But if I'm far away from a bigger subject like a landscape, I have problems with sharpness and composition. Either too busy or there is no clear subject.

And I'm in Providence, RI. It's a fun city.

#1 is a weird crop... the dimensions are the first thing I noticed. The building up top is very bright and draws attention away from the boat. It's a busy scene...

The crop in the first one is 2.31x1, very close to the anamorphic widescreen format (generally 2.39x1, or 2.4x1). It's a ratio that can work really *really* well as has been proven time and time again in film. I would agree in this instance the space isn't used as well as it could be, but the crop itself is very close to one of the many standards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back