Walking down the beach

looks like you took the shot under very harsh light and also over exposed the shot...whites seem to be blown out

Nice gesture on the people. The so-called "heel lift" that both of them display really helps, as does her holding the skirt in the right hand. Their matching gait helps, as does their hand-holding. I like the exposure mostly, but it could have the blacks set a tiny,tiny bit darker and not suffer. Not sure if this is Rockaway Beach on the Oregon coast or Rockaway Beach on the California coast, but either way, it's a nice beach shot. It conveys well that misty, sea-spray rich strip of beach that's right down by the breaking waves and surf.

Echoing the comments Derrel made. I really like this! Like they're walking through the mist, the low sun shining through, and the long shadows of the couple on the beach. Only suggestion I'd make is maybe an adjustment brush to darken, and boost the clarity of the couple, to make them stand out a little more.

Thanks, Yeah I had a hard time with some of the settings, and in the end went for more of an ethereal look. It was a bright sunny day with heavy mist, and the sun setting fast. She was very pregnant, and headed to the hospital immediately after this to deliver.
Here is another from the set, in color. This was in fact Rockaway in Pacifica CA
On the way to the hospital... by keips66, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back