Walking the dog

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
March looked like August, but felt like January when I took this shot at Fleetwood, Lancashire, yesterday. However, the dog and its owner were having great fun, completely oblivious to the cold northerly wind.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Fleetwood-dog-walker.jpg

That's fantastic! the huge space makes it look like her and the dog are on their own little planet.

A dog and their human is a beautiful sight indeed.

This is soo beautiful!

Just one question: How did you "know" to shoot with -1EV?

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. This was the best shot of my afternoon's snapping, taken when I thought I'd "finished", and I'd parked the car to review what I'd got. The opportunity just presented itself through the windscreen - though I got out to shoot! I got down low so the buildings beyond didn't show.

I generally find, Awe, that if I'm shooting an image with a lot of sky I need to underexpose the shot to prevent the highlights in the clouds "blowing" i.e. becoming 255 white. I usually do this with the EV control that, on my camera, allows me to go to -5.0. The ground on this shot, out of the camera, was too dark, so I used the Shadows/Highlight command in post processing to lighten it without affecting the sky too much, then did a touch of masking to bring out the grass detail.

Regards, Tony

... wow... that is just plain amazing. Nice work!

I like the composition a lot , was this a really wide angle? I am not sure..

If so, usually I dont like those shots, but this one is fantastic !!!!

Thanks for the further comments on this one - they're much appreciated. For those who were wondering, yes, a wide angle lens at 22mm (35mm equiv.).

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back