Wall of Succulents

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0198e.jpg

Very cool!

Thanks. It is rare that an image looks like it came out of a magazine in the camera. I guess the natural color and volume of light made that happen. I do wish that I would have had a wide lens with me. I am tempted to go back just for this image.

Very nice JC ... You and your photography have come a long way. Is that literally one of those wall succulent puppies?
It is and may be worth the drive, it's about 2 hours from my home.

Nice composition. These look very much like what I did the focus stack on the other day, do you know the name?

I keep coming back to look at your succulents.
Wow, thanks. That means a lot coming from you. I have to admit, they are my favorite flora to capture. They seem like they breath to me.

Nice composition. These look very much like what I did the focus stack on the other day, do you know the name?
Thanks, way too many variations in there, keeping it simple. It would take some time to divide them.

Very nice JC ... You and your photography have come a long way. Is that literally one of those wall succulent puppies?
It is and may be worth the drive, it's about 2 hours from my home.
Mary Lou and I love succulents. Recently I dug up half the front yard and replanted with succulents. Gonna rototill the parkway this week to make room for more. Driving two hours west will get you partially here ...

Last edited:
Really nice. I wouldn't wish for a wide lens. It would introduce a bit of distortion, which I don't think would help this, since it is all about regular patterns. You did just fine with whichever lens you used here.

I'd be tempted to crop a bit on the left side to reduce the out-of-focus blooms on that side, but that's probably just because I'm always tempted to crop something or other.

Really nice. I wouldn't wish for a wide lens. It would introduce a bit of distortion, which I don't think would help this, since it is all about regular patterns. You did just fine with whichever lens you used here.

I'd be tempted to crop a bit on the left side to reduce the out-of-focus blooms on that side, but that's probably just because I'm always tempted to crop something or other.

Thanks Ken, I did just that but felt it was going south. Then I used @Tim Tucker 's ideas on checking composition and studied it a lot more and felt it was pretty much right in camera, just a tiny crop. I am much better at drawing out composition guide lines on a canvas or paper. Doing it in the viewfinder and then on the monitor is way different for me. I need to get a better body for the view finder alone. Most of my mistakes can be traced to this. My film shots are always pretty dead on composition wise because the viewfinder is more accurate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back