Walnut Hills Farm, Virginia

JonA_CT

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
walnut hills farm.jpg

Very nice. Those are some really strange cloud formations.

WesternGuy

Nice, looks like you have a little CA in the tree tops on the RHS that could do with removal. There also looks to be a bit of haloing around where the trees and sky meet. I'd have like to have seen it a bit tighter compositionally, spesifically where the road and the fence meet the edge of the frame. Idealy if you could have gotten the angle to get the bottom of the fence to start in the bottom left corner and the RHS of the road to start in the bottom right corner I think it would have really tightened it up and made it appear a much more delibarate compositional choice.

But thats me being really picky, it's a pretty decent shot all in all

WesternGuy

Thanks!

Nice, looks like you have a little CA in the tree tops on the RHS that could do with removal. There also looks to be a bit of haloing around where the trees and sky meet. I'd have like to have seen it a bit tighter compositionally, spesifically where the road and the fence meet the edge of the frame. Idealy if you could have gotten the angle to get the bottom of the fence to start in the bottom left corner and the RHS of the road to start in the bottom right corner I think it would have really tightened it up and made it appear a much more delibarate compositional choice.

Thanks, Pete. My wide-angle lens is a cheap, film-era relic. I definitely notice the CA now that you've mentioned it, but I'll have to research how to fix it as LR does not have a profile for the lens I'm using.

Once you said it, the haloing sticks out for me too. I went and looked at the flat file and it's there in the original picture, but I definitely intensified it when I did the tone curve and contrast adjustments. I'm going to play with the layers in PS a little bit later to see if I can get it to fade more gracefully.

WesternGuy

Thanks!

Thanks, Pete. My wide-angle lens is a cheap, film-era relic. I definitely notice the CA now that you've mentioned it, but I'll have to research how to fix it as LR does not have a profile for the lens I'm using.

Once you said it, the haloing sticks out for me too. I went and looked at the flat file and it's there in the original picture, but I definitely intensified it when I did the tone curve and contrast adjustments. I'm going to play with the layers in PS a little bit later to see if I can get it to fade more gracefully.

To remove CA in lightroom just go to the lens corrections tab, colour then click the remove chromatic aberration use the defringe sliders to correct it. Sometimes it takes a bit of messing about to find the right settings and if you take it too far you can desaturate in unintended areas. So worth a mouse over some red and green contrasty areas when you are done.

I also like this method for removing halos

Most reactions

Back