Walther P-38 (gun)

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_7009-resized.jpg

OK, so it's a P-1, not a P-38... Same thing (P-1 is the post-war P-38, exactly the same except for the finish).

Please keep the discussion on the PHOTO, not gun laws (I don't want this thread to get locked).
We can discuss this without getting all crazy, can't we?

I know - the hollow-points aren't really fitting to a WWII era pistol... I'll have to re-shoot this with ball ammo. Otherwise, what do you think?

I like it a lot. Are all of these guns yours?

Yes. :)

This one I picked up fairly cheap ($180, if I remember correctly).

Thank you.

I like the texture on the clip and the arrangement of the bullets. The empty space at the top is too big (IMHO). I can't decide if the shadows are good or bad.

...fighting ...urge ...to discuss ...old ...fire-arms.

I like the texture on the clip and the arrangement of the bullets. The empty space at the top is too big (IMHO). I can't decide if the shadows are good or bad.
Thanks. I couldn't decide if the empty space was too much, or just right...

Shadows... I only had a light on one side (reflector on the other). There are more shadows than I had hoped for, but they aren't too bad to me.

...fighting ...urge ...to discuss ...old ...fire-arms.

PM me if you must get it out of your system. ;)

i would have upped the f-number a little to get a larger DOF (or move back a bit) to keep the back of the gun in focus,
i personally would rather the whole subject in focus and nice and sharp

i like the sharpness of theb ullets, clip and the barrel though

Thanks.

It's only the last inch or so that's out of focus. I suppose I could have gotten it all in focus by shifting the focus point towards the back a little. (This was shot at f/11.)

Honestly, I hardly even notice the back edge being slightly out of focus.
I didn't really want to stop down much more than f/11. Even f/11 was pushing it a little...

Some nice shots, and nice pieces.....giving me the inspiration to go crack open the vault...:lol:

Thanks Phranquey. Now you got me interested...

Hopefully we're turning over a new leaf here on TPF - talking about gun photos without getting all political and getting threads locked down. :)

Another shot I really like, I just dont know how I feel about the empty space on top. I am still pretty new at this haha so I wouldn't take it too seriously

Thanks.

When I was shooting this, I didn't even really notice how much empty space there was...
Now that I see that over half of the frame is just white, I'm not sure. At least there's plently of room to crop, lol.

I think I still like it how it is. At the time I shot this all I had was a thin strip of white posterboard, so I didn't have a whole lot of freedom to move stuff around. I got some new sheets of posterboard at the store yesterday, so I may try something else tomorrow.

that was the first thing i noticed, the amount of empty space in the top of the frame... from this angle, it almost doesn't look like a P-38. wonder what it'd look like in horizontal format, shot with the gun more crossways in the frame?

$180 for one of those is a heckuva deal... i never cared for the squishy triggers, though... ;)

Thanks.

I think I'll try something along those lines whenever I get around to reshooting it.

Yeah - I got lucky finding it. I didn't even plan on buying anything that day, but when I saw the price tag I figured I better get it before someone else did. It looked brand new.
It had been sitting in a warehouse for 20 years or something - never issued. It has a little holster wear on it now, but it's still in pretty much new condition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back