Wanna be a pro?

Oh, good! Thank you! I had based my previous impression of today's photographers on some of the photographers that are referenced on here.

(what we are supposed to judge present-day photographers by)

(quote) "OMG! You have GOT to see this photographer! (link) a...n...d... what we see in the link is trite, cliche, poorly done, technically flawed, and way over-hyped. "But all the celebrities have their portrait done by this photographer, therefore he's a celebrity photographer." "And he charges a fortune, so he MUST be good."

These are definitely NOT your average yearbook photos. Good read. I know a couple of photographers that do a lot of senior shoots in the same vain. I will have to pass this on to them.

I'm not even in my high school yearbook. My name isn't even in it hahaha.

Same here, no year book picture, just my name with a caption that said " went surfing ". lol...... there were many captions like that for the senior class.

Same here, no year book picture, just my name with a caption that said " went surfing ". lol...... there were many captions like that for the senior class.

In my middle school yearbook, mine says "doesn't like listening to teachers" Lol

My formal portait is in the yearbook. But there are no other photos of me in it because 2/3rds of the candid photos were taken by me.

Just typical of the age. Weddings have gone from 18, or so, photos in total, to mega albums of multi-dozens of photos; not including the videos, environmental shots, destinations, etc. We've gone from a cherished moment for the bride, groom, family and guests, to an (un)forgettable over-hyped production.

These "portraits" are typical of those who think their child isn't being properly valued in everyone's minds.

In a mere six months, the senior album will be on a bookshelf or box, and not seen again until the 50th graduation reunion, or the 25th wedding anniversary. Maybe not even then.

Haters gonna hate. Not my typical style but they're great photos... and what an experience.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back