Want $20 to spend at Best Buy or Future Shop?

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I dont konw if this is Canada only, but right now they have a promotion going on for people with a credit card and high speed internet for AOL. You sign up for a 1 month trial of thier high speed internet and the store gives you a $20 gift certificate that you can use right then. Then you can cancel at any time.

In Best buy the promotion was right by the entrance. In Futureshop it was over by the digital camera's. Could be different in every store.

I dont have high speed internet, *growls*. The guy in futureshop said it doesnt matter, that I could just cancel the next day, but the girl in best buy said it does matter. You may have to actually log on to aol at least once or there could be trouble.

Also I dont konw if you can do it in both stores, be cool if you could, $40 instead of $20. The guy in futureshop was making $5 off of each one he pushed on people.

The catch is most people forget to cancel the free trial in time so they charge you the $10 for the next month. I think they are just desperate to get people to try out thier new service, and hoping youll like it and stick with it. And I think its only $10 cdn a month which is like 2.5 times less than my dial up cost.

Threatening to use a laywer works. :0) Works for BMG and columbia house.

I dont download alot, so dial up makes sense for me. It would be nice the few times I do download mp3's or programs but I dont usually do that to much to make it worth while. So I just cant justify to pay double.

But the AOL high speed cost is just for the AOL, it doesn't include the $50 or so you'll spend each month just on the broadband connection. You're paying to get AOL content, you're not paying for a connection.

Ya, I hear aol messes with your pc, so after it makes it hard to dial up to a regular isp or something like that. I may be finding out next year when I move and get married. To save on costs for the first while im going to try out the free aol cd's. I think they no longer need your credit card for the free trial ones for dial up. At least they dont in canada.

AOL = BAD!

At one stage, I was doing volunteer stuff for AOL - Just hosting a teen chat room...

God some of the **** that happened... My team leader was a cow...

So I quit...

However - for all the time I was a host, I got free internet... Which was **** anyway - cause it constantly dropped out...

And all the problems aol always had! stupid aol...

Most reactions

Back