want to buy this, need help

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by RawRyder, Dec 7, 2008.

1. RawRyder

RawRyder TPF Noob!

2. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    is it any good?
    well that all depends on what you want the lens to do - why are you choosing that lens?

As for the flash - similar question again, though I know little about flashes and even less about the Nikon line but as far as I know its a good flash

3. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Besides asking here... what research have you done on your 2 items? No need for me to write a book when the info is already out there.

4. RawRyder

RawRyder TPF Noob!

first of all i searched in the net, i asked here if its good or not to buy it. maybe someone had face a problem using it, i think in this forum is to ask for help and the person want to help will replay to me , no need to say to me that you dont need to write a book. if you think am waisting people time. well, am not all i need is some advise from expert ppl.
    Overread: i need it for many uses i love all kind of photography, but for now its for wedding , models, and i own home studio photography. because i always see the photographers have it every where when they go. thats why i see its important to have it :/. and about the micro lense they told me its important to have it in the home studio (like shoting babies) maybe you suggest i use another one (because am confused of the 60mm ?? shall i take more than 60 or what??) thanks alot and sorry if am waisting ur time...

5. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Its not wasting our time, but we need to know your ideas for the gear first, it helps. For example seeing you go for a macro lens and having macro adaptors in your profile I would think you interested in macro work - which would be a waste of time for me to really comment on since you are after adivice for the gear in the studio and wedding environment - sadly I can't advise in this area since its not one that I have any experince with

6. RawRyder

RawRyder TPF Noob!

yeah sorry i forget to tell what the purpose for it, thanks for your help , i will wait for another reply :)

7. benhasajeep

benhasajeep TPF Noob!

I have to 105mm version of Nikon's macro version and think its a great lens. I have not tried the 60 or other shorter ones. Other third party lenses have been rated close to Nikon's but I have yet to see a review on one be considered a true match or better. But if you are doing it just for your own, Sigma macro's have a decent following and can save you some cash.

As for the flash, its the top of the line model. Pretty pricy if your looking for something easy to use. Of course it will work automatically with the camera controlling it. If your not interested in the additional features in the flash that it is capable of. Maybe the SB-600 would be a better choice. Again saving some money, but still have a really good flash, with good capabilities. It has a few less features but they are aimed at wireless controll of other flashes, less power output, and slower recycles. If you have no intentions of using multiple flashes, might as well save some money. There are other differences but thats a main one. Deppending on the camera, you may not even need the extra control it affords.

In the past I have had bad luck, and just decent service from off-brand flashes. So, I stick to branded flashes now.

8. RawRyder

RawRyder TPF Noob!

i will go for the flash but i will leave the lense for later
    thnx aloooooooooot :)