wanted: a photographer's time

Debbe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am new to this site and have been a photographer for about 8 years.
I bought my business from a retiring photographer who was self taught and although he taught me what I know, I have been looking for classes to take and they are mostly at times that I can not get away. There is one
coming up that I am considering.
A doctor friend of mine gave me an idea. I was wondering if there is a
senior/wedding photographer that would consider letting me come for a few days and maybe attend a wedding and watch some senior photography, look at their set up, etc. I am willing to pay and will either help in any way I can during those shootings, or simply stay out of the way and observe.
I have recently built a new studio and having trouble getting it set up to have a good workflow. I would like to see lighting, etc in another studio.
I live in Northeast Arkansas and traveling is no problem.
I thought maybe someone away from my area would be better to approach. I would never think of contacting anyone in my area due to
competition, etc.
Is this a reasonable request? I am not sure, but I know I would allow someone out of my area to come an observe. Although I am not too
sure of myself on the area of teaching anyone anthing! I have learned what little I know the hard way mostly.
Lighting is a big obstacle for me.
Thank you.
Debbe

I hope you do good with you new job, take a look at www.rmsp.com it is a great school. Take a few classes, they have them all over the US. It you have time take the summer class it will make you a much better at any lvl.

Well, thank you SO much for responding. When I posted I didn't realize I was asking something that was not going to get any response at all. But I
thank you for give the advise.
I have recently joined PPA and will attend Las Vegas Imaging USA and get in some short seminars.
You know, if I were experienced and someone asked to take a look while I shot a session and they were not in my area, I would allow them to come and look at my studio, ect, so I really didnt' realize I was asking for something that may be unheard of.
But I thank you for responding at least ! ha
Have a great week.

I don't think a lot of people on this board do much in the way of professional work (as in the "get paid" sense), and even fewer that have a studio. I've done a couple of weddings, but it's not like I have any kind of system down yet. Visiting me probably isn't what you are looking for. A lot of people on this board aren't experienced, which is why they are here. The board seems more geared to sharing images at a coffee house than as a professional society.

I hope you find someone to visit with, though.

Debbe said:
Well, thank you SO much for responding. When I posted I didn't realize I was asking something that was not going to get any response at all. But I
thank you for give the advise.
I have recently joined PPA and will attend Las Vegas Imaging USA and get in some short seminars.
You know, if I were experienced and someone asked to take a look while I shot a session and they were not in my area, I would allow them to come and look at my studio, ect, so I really didnt' realize I was asking for something that may be unheard of.
But I thank you for responding at least ! ha
Have a great week.
As far as I can see I was the first person to respond to you so this was mainly directed at me. I far as I can see I gave you my 2 cents and moved on. sorry if it was not what you wanted to read but you are asking for help and to the best of my ability and the time I wanted to spend posting on the help that is what I gave you. If you did not like it skip it and go on to somthing else.

Dear nikon 90s

I am truely sorry if you thought I was directing anything negative toward you. I promise I was sincerely just thanking you for responding....I guess I should be better at putting a smiley face or something.
I would never intentionally make a rude statement toward anyone, that is not my personality.
I thought it was funny on my part, just like my luck that I would post something that no one was interested in! ha
But anyway, I was really thanking you for responding cause I was checking this daily at that point and so many people had looked at the subject but no one replied.

So anyway, I'm sorry and hope we can have many helpful exchanges on this forum.
I've been out of town for a while and haven't check in on this site until today.

also, thanks to the others that responded, I understand completely about the lack of experience...I guess we are all in the same boat.

I did however, go to Imaging USA in Las Vegas last week and found it helpful. There are some great photographers and speakers attending that.

Good day.
Debbe

Most reactions

Back