Wanted: Donations

stc9357

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s84.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anybody looking to help a poor highschool student in need? I'm in particular need of some canon lenses or if somebody is feeling real generous I wouldn't mind a canon slr digital camera. I will take anything that is in alright working condition send lenses that are in your bag that you have no particular need for. PM me or email me at e-mail address edited out.

This will help me in my goal of becoming extradinarily good in photography.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm not sure if anyone is that generous.

What are you using now?

Lol I'll take the unwanted Nikon lenses!

It is not advisable to openly display one's e-mail address on any internet forum in the way it was done here, since there are not only members visiting the forums and you might get surprised at what sorts of e-mail you get in the end OTHER than the one you were hoping for.

I doubt you will get what you are hoping for ... this is the BUY and SELL section, not the GIVE-AWAY section ;).

I'm using a canon rebel k2 that I bought from JEASY. I didn't post this to be seriuos I didn't figure I would get anything anyway but you never know what kind and generous souls you have out there. I'll probally get a new lens for christmas anyway but I hate being restricted by this s***tty kit lens.

You know it aint that glass, as much as the eye behind the glass. We tend to be pretty hard on ourselves and our equipment. Most folk don't know a well composed shot made on a nikon from one made on a panasonic. They just see a well made shot.

Hang on, let me dig out that Nikon 400mm f/2.8D I've got lying around....... :p

Sorry, had to play with ya.

I wish it were this easy, I do. I'm only 17, so I'm on a pretty limited budget myself. Best of luck.

P.S. If there's anything you don't want, send it my way! ;)

mysteryscribe said:
You know it aint that glass, as much as the eye behind the glass. We tend to be pretty hard on ourselves and our equipment. Most folk don't know a well composed shot made on a nikon from one made on a panasonic. They just see a well made shot.

Scribe's right stc9357. A better lens doesn't necesarily mean a better picture.

Anyway if you are on a budget then you can certainly find used canon equipment for relativley cheap on ebay or at your local retailer.

I'm not just talking about the picture quality because I think its been alright so far as far as my pics have turned out. I'm talking about bird shots and other long distance shots that I want to do but can't do because I need a telephoto lens. I plan on saving up my money anyway and when graduation comes around I plan on having enough to get a canon rebel XTi and going to digital. I will probaly be getting a full scholarship at two of the schools I'm applying to so I'm not worried about saving the money and using it for school.

Do you think it is smart to buy a digital camera before going to college because it could be stolen and then goes my money down the drain?

midget patrol said:
Hang on, let me dig out that Nikon 400mm f/2.8D I've got lying around....... :p

Sorry, had to play with ya.

I wish it were this easy, I do. I'm only 17, so I'm on a pretty limited budget myself. Best of luck.

P.S. If there's anything you don't want, send it my way! ;)

I'm 17 too and this is my last year of HS school so when graduation comes around I plan on taking tat money and going digital. I have a 50mm f/1.4 lens do you think that would be alright;).

When did you get into photography midgit patrol?

In North Carolina we have this thing called senior project and we have to learn a new skill and I decided to do this. I went into this thinking I would just do this for my senior project so I could get out of school but I've grown to really love photography and want to pursue it as a very importnant hobby to me. I'm always in pursuit of that perfect landscape shot. For those thinking I'm a nerd I also play tennis at my school and we went to the semi-finals of the stat playoffs last year.

darin3200 said:
I'm also a high school student. If anyone wants to send some film or Leica gear my way I would be appreciative (especially an M8 ) ;)
:lol:

We should have a still-in-school TPF meetup. That would be chill... or something.

I got into it about a year ago and bought my d50 in march and am looking to upgrade to a d200 and a slew of lenses included a fast telephoto (>300) and a 10.5mm fisheye . By the way, I'll take that 50/1.4 if that was an offer. ;)

Stc, If you really need a new lens, ebay is the way to go. Sell some old things on there, then bid on some cheap lenses. It's what I'm doing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back