WANTED: Photo Software that Will Do The Following

desertjim123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Change backgrounds........................even in a collage

2. Change the colors of simple foreground objects

Not sure how to ask this any more clear. I can do a lot with the applications I have, but have never learned to do this.

Any suggestions? Need more specific information?

Many Thanks,

Jim

A few sample images (ones you have the rights to post!) would be of tremendous help.

....I can do a lot with the applications I have, but have never learned to do this....

With any software, you'll have to learn how to do that.
So why not spend the time and learn how to do it with the software you are currently using?

Otherwise we'll just blurt out "PhotoShop". But then you'll have to learn how to use that. Software.

Last edited:
Photoshop or Gimp will do that; in fact most photo editing software can do it.
However you'll have to select the areas you want to change yourself; photoshop has some smart selection tools that can make that process a little quicker, but you will still have to manually select (draw) the areas where you want to change what is present.

A few sample images (ones you have the rights to post!) would be of tremendous help.

Thanks, Sparky..........here you go.............it's really a very simple sample, but the photos I am talking about will be just as simple, if not more so.

The next reply is probably very definitive (RTM) :). I guess I should have asked "Will the ones I have do that" and then listed them ;).

I have really never done any serious editing, but do have an older version of Photoshop, PSP and Photoscape.

Anyway, here's a simple sample of what I'm talking about. Should I go "fall off a log" ;).
5-pic-collage.JPG

Yep... pretty much any editing software will do what you want. You'll just need to learn how to select the area(s) you want to change.

But I'd learn how to focus first.

Thanks, Sparky..........here you go.............it's really a very simple sample, but the photos I am talking about will be just as simple, if not more so.

The next reply is probably very definitive (RTM) :). I guess I should have asked "Will the ones I have do that" and then listed them ;).

I have really never done any serious editing, but do have an older version of Photoshop, PSP and Photoscape.

Anyway, here's a simple sample of what I'm talking about. Should I go "fall off a log" ;).View attachment 128726
Since your profile says that it is NOT ok to edit your posted images, I can't take what you posted and show you what Photoshop Elements can do, but I think it's what you need....

However you'll have to select the areas you want to change yourself;

Do you mean (looking at the sample I just uploaded) that if I want to the background of the collage to be WHITE
I'm gonna have to DRAW around all the objects? If I want the penny to be RED, I'm gonna have to draw a perfect circle around it? I was thinking that it would be much more simple than that :(. Regards, Jim

Sorry, but software don't have "Just Do What I Want You To Do" or "Your Wish is My Command, Sire" buttons.

Selecting a given area isn't as hard as it sounds. You'll just need to learn which Select tool (rectangle, circle, free, color, fuzzy etc.) will work best for a given image, as well as what parameters (opacity, anti-aliasing, feather edges etc.) to use.

Are you talking about just the background of the collage and hot the background of each photo (the background of the nail clipper as an example)? to do the background of the collage you could just use the Fill feature (usually a tipped bucket in many software) to fill the background around each image border.

I think we're still unclear what you are asking.

fyi, as mentioned, you need to learn how to focus on an object first.

Since your profile says that it is NOT ok to edit your posted images, I can't take what you posted and show you what Photoshop Elements can do, but I think it's what you need..

You can now :cheerful:.

I want it to have a SOLID (no lines around each object) WHITE background and make some of the objects yellow and some black. Thanks a bunch................then tell me HOW you did it (only kidding) :Clown:.

Which *exact* versions do you have ?
It makes a difference as an older version may not do something.

Are you talking about just the background of the collage and hot the background of each photo (the background of the nail clipper as an example)? to do the background of the collage you could just use the Fill feature (usually a tipped bucket in many software) to fill the background around each image border.

I think we're still unclear what you are asking.

fyi, as mentioned, you need to learn how to focus on an object first.

If my last message didn't clarify it................I want it to look as if I took ONE SINGLE PHOTO OF ALL THE OBJECTS shown. So all the cut and past hacks will need to be removed.

As for focus: Do you mean the CAMERA FOCUS? I was just trying to get it together as quickly as possible. Or do you mean MY FOCUS/CONCENTRATION?

The camera focus! The photos are out of focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back