WANTED: Photo Software that Will Do The Following

Since your profile says that it is NOT ok to edit your posted images, I can't take what you posted and show you what Photoshop Elements can do, but I think it's what you need..

You can now :cheerful:.

I want it to have a SOLID (no lines around each object) WHITE background and make some of the objects yellow and some black. Thanks a bunch................then tell me HOW you did it (only kidding) :Clown:.
Took a shot but the focus is so soft that the computer had real trouble selecting the foreground objects. Gotta have at least marginally better focus.

Like this? (literally 45 seconds effort- not going to try more without knowing where this is going....
5-pic-collage.JPG

Like this? (literally 45 seconds effort- not going to try more without knowing where this is going....View attachment 128733

That's it!!

What did you use?

I almost had it with Photoshop (7.0) earlier, but had to leave and just now got back.

What steps did you use?

Once when I was doing something my wife told me (something about layering) I ended up having two + when I went into the photo. One was doing the work and the second was messing everything up. So I just went with an eraser to get rid of the lines. I did have the background working.....changed to yellow, black and green, but then I couldn't do it later. I'll get it sooner or later ;).

Photoshop or photopaint are excellent choices. GIMP is excellent software, arguably more powerful than the other 2, but also more user demanding and if you are having trouble with this type of manipulation in those, GIMP will confound you no end. Also google what you want to do and the name of the software. For example, "change image background in photopaint x6" etc.
There are a lot of youtube videos and even free plugins that can help you do more.

Last edited:
Photoshop or photopaint are excellent choices. GIMP is excellent software, more powerful than the other 2,
Clue .jpg

OP pay no attention to the above quoted poster. They have proven themselves in several threads to by not only give wrong information but they have proven themselves clueless about many subjects they reply to. Photoshop is the industry choice because it is the most complex, most complete editing software on the market these days. If you are a MAC user Affinity Photo is an excellent substitute that will fulfill most peoples needs.

Gimp is a decent piece of software, especially for freeware, it however is in no way the equal to Photoshop. You might want to give the programs you are interested in a try. Most have free trials before you buy. This is Adobe's offerings. Download a free trial or buy Adobe products | Adobe downloads

Photoshop or photopaint are excellent choices. GIMP is excellent software, more powerful than the other 2,
View attachment 128752

OP pay no attention to the above quoted poster. They have proven themselves in several threads to by not only give wrong information but they have proven themselves clueless about many subjects they reply to. Photoshop is the industry choice because it is the most complex, most complete editing software on the market these days. If you are a MAC user Affinity Photo is an excellent substitute that will fulfill most peoples needs.

Gimp is a decent piece of software, especially for freeware, it however is in no way the equal to Photoshop. You might want to give the programs you are interested in a try. Most have free trials before you buy. This is Adobe's offerings. Download a free trial or buy Adobe products | Adobe downloads
LOL pay no attention to the above poster. Do your own research, it will bear out what I have said. Good luck.
Photoshop is a leader because it is heavily marketed and has a lot of free copies given out to well know editors.

reasons to use GIMP over Photoshop

So why doesn't everyone use GIMP and not photoshop?

And if you read the comments, you start to notice the people that say GIMP is bad software, don't understand the software and another comment below it will tell them how to do what they say it can't do. :)
As I said, it's more powerful, but more complex to use.
The best thing is that it is a photo editor, not a photo editor bloated with a lot of graphic design junk you will never use in photo editing.
Good luck. Remember to use a search engine to find tutorials for any software you want to learn.

Last edited:
This is trivially simple if the images are at all in focus. It requires only a small knowledge of selecting that can easily be acquired online.
I suggest that if you do actually want to learn the most important skills in editing, making selections, you buy Photoshop-Masking-Compositing-Katrin-Eismann
This is a superb book, I have both editions and actually like the earlier one better.

In regards to Gimp being more powerful than Photoshop, that is a statement that I have never heard from any knowledgeable photographer. Yes, Gimp is cheaper (free) but considerably more difficult to master.

The photographer's bundle of LR and PS is $10/month on subscription and is the best bargain in photography, not only because of the power and range of the two programs but because, as the leading programs in the field, there are innumerable videos on any subject you might need, not to mention add-ons, plugins and actions.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Like this? (literally 45 seconds effort- not going to try more without knowing where this is going....View attachment 128733

That's it!!

What did you use?

I almost had it with Photoshop (7.0) earlier, but had to leave and just now got back.

What steps did you use?

Once when I was doing something my wife told me (something about layering) I ended up having two + when I went into the photo. One was doing the work and the second was messing everything up. So I just went with an eraser to get rid of the lines. I did have the background working.....changed to yellow, black and green, but then I couldn't do it later. I'll get it sooner or later ;).
Use PSE 14 in expert mode. Just:
1. used the quick select tool and grabbed a super rough outline of each item, then
2. 'select' and 'invert' and
3. 'enhance' and 'adjust color', then I desaturated and lightened everything to white
4. Control+D to de-select and I'm done.

Photoshop or photopaint are excellent choices. GIMP is excellent software, more powerful than the other 2, ............

thread_ugly.gif
LOL, yeah, there are those folks too. In the name of fairness to alll, I edited the post.
Photoshop or photopaint are excellent choices. GIMP is excellent software, arguably more powerful than the other 2, but also more user demanding and if you are having trouble with this type of manipulation in those, GIMP will confound you no end. Also google what you want to do and the name of the software. For example, "change image background in photopaint x6" etc.
There are a lot of youtube videos and even free plugins that can help you do more.

Most reactions

Back