Wanting to leave the States

Can we keep the chest-thumping to a minimum, please?

Come on guys...keep it above the belt.

Umm.. Medic. I hate to have to point this out, cause I figured you already knew, but the chest, it is above the belt.

Dear Florida Paramedic peoples,

It has come to my attention that one of you colleagues is a bit confused with human anatomy. He seems to feel that the chest is below the waist area. It might be good if you were to schedule him for a refresher course on anatomy before he has to perform CPR. That way he does not perform chest compression in the manner exemplified by the attached example.

View attachment 124798

Your truly,
A concerned citizen.
This is how I do it.

Seems like the real concern is if you are or have been in an abusive situation, it would be better to figure out how to leave the situation and get support (if you're still in it); or if you aren't, but staying where you live isn't what you want to do, it's a matter of figuring out what to do next. I think though that moving away may just prolong dealing with what may have been some traumatic experiences. In the long run it might be better sooner than later to go talk to someone about it, which may not be easy, maybe take somebody along with you, but once you do that might help you get things figured out.

I don't know of course your financial situation, if you're already enrolled for fall classes or not, or if a dorm or off campus housing/apts. is a possibility for at least this fall. Or maybe taking a semester or a year off and getting a job would be an option. Either way it would help to get some advice from the school where you attend or any you're considering about what might be good career options.

I said before I don't know that photography and natural sciences seem to quite go together as a degree, but there may be a way for that to work. Photography school alone doesn't seem like it would lead to a viable career choice, for now anyway, as there doesn't seem to be much in the way of existing photography jobs. It might be possible to get a degree in something in natural sciences if that would lead to a job you'd like, and pick up some photography courses as electives or pursue that evenings/weekends later on (you wouldn't necessarily need a degree to do work in photography).

Op if you wish to try out another country go for it.

I took my wife and young family from the UK to New Zealand 10yrs ago.
We were a little bored with the usual humdrum of daily life. So packed everything up, booked one way tickets and of we went. We had never been to NZ before, but had always talked about doing a gap year type thing before kids.
But that never happened, So thought what the hell lets go, and if we don't like it we can always come back!!
Were in the south island with 1 million other people, so although we still have the humdrum of daily living like work!
We now live in one amazing natural environments, with not a lot of other people getting in the way.

And i managed to get in with flooring as my trade, carpet / vinyl installer. No phds needed.
And don't use your pet / family as an excuse not to go, it just means your really not as keen on doing it as you think you are.

Can we keep the chest-thumping to a minimum, please?

Come on guys...keep it above the belt.

Umm.. Medic. I hate to have to point this out, cause I figured you already knew, but the chest, it is above the belt.

Dear Florida Paramedic peoples,

It has come to my attention that one of you colleagues is a bit confused with human anatomy. He seems to feel that the chest is below the waist area. It might be good if you were to schedule him for a refresher course on anatomy before he has to perform CPR. That way he does not perform chest compression in the manner exemplified by the attached example.

View attachment 124798

Your truly,
A concerned citizen.
This is how I do it.

Kinky.jpg

I'm from NorCal, I've been out of the US for over a decade. I know Anderson, I've been there plenty of times. Let me know when you finish your degree, I can help get you to Korea, China, and maybe Japan as a teacher. In Korea, there are some opportunities to pursue with photography.

Most reactions

Back