wanting to make my own in home studio

heres is the email i got
The V2s receiver can be screwed on a standard tripod. The thread size is around 5mm.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Best regards,
Tina Lam

Gadget Infinity - Hong Kong

thats not much help

heres is the email i got

thats not much help

The standard screw is a 1/4" mount, the same as what most tripods use. The receiver screws into the stand and the receiver has a bracket for the flash like the one that is on your camera, thats about it. The only thing to watch for is to place a strip of electrical tape in the slot where the flash slides into. No unwanted shorting out of the flashes is desireable!

I do some playing in the video editing world and received a nice chroma-key backdrop for free when I purchased my Pinnacle studio video capture card. Its about 6' wide by 10' tall, and fun to play with... but its not hard to do it without one in Photoshop.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/574439/how_to_start_a_photography_studio_for.html

This link is for an article I wrote on how I started my studio for less than $1,000.00.

It talks about stands, backdrops, etc. If you have questions let me know. My favorite backdrop is a chromakey with the chroma I can replace the background in photos with just a few clicks. It gives you an unlimited supply of backdrops!

HTH,
Crystal
thanks! i think i will order that kit in your link. its 400 bucks and comes with alot of great items.

From a walmart budget to $400+ dollars in 20 posts. So much for you not having the budget... lol

i said i had a few hundred dollars, whats an extras 1oo gonna hurt

ok i got this coming to me in the mail!

img.jpg

cant wait!

Well if the quality of the components is good, I think you will be happier than a pig in mud... lol That looks like a VERY nice setup and will keep you busy for many moons!

Where did you end up purchasing from?

No go to the STROBIST website and get a head start on reading... you are going to love this!

You could try this website too. It has some good information. http://www.cnet.com.au/digitalcameras/0,239036146,240062280,00.htm

I do not think that it has info that is very pertinent or as accurate as it could be.

First, in a studio, unless you are doing self portraits, you are not going to use a tripod very often (though I do highly recommend that you get one... they have their place and are important in photography).

Second, you do not want white walls. For technical reasons, you want an 18% grey wall. Backdrops can go from "nothing" to several hundred dollars, but the old standby of a bedsheet with a subtle and different color or pattern always can make things interesting (leave your leopard or tiger patterned bed sheets in the bedroom, please... lol)

Third, depending on your budget, you can get a nice home studio thingie happening at your place for as little as the cost of a lightstand (~$25), an umbrella (~$20), the adaptor (~$16), a new flash (~$75) and an optical peanut trigger (~$10). Your grand total is under $150, and you can DIY a few things from there that really add to the flavor of your shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back