Wanting to purchase new glass for 60D

Sportin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm thinking about buying a 24-105 f/4 L brand new for around 650 euros
I already own a 16-35 mm f/2.8 L with my Canon 60D

Would it be a compromise for low light situations being a slow lens?
If you have any other good choice of glass for around that price tag ( 500-700 euros), pitch me please :)

PS: My main purpose with this lens is to own a small telephoto lens which can aid me in some shots / video work in the future.

You are looking at a full stop difference from you 2.8. Several friends have the 24-105 f4L and love it. They don't do a lot of low light stuff. It is a sharp quality lens. I do a lot of low light stuff so I have the 24-70 f2.8 L II. Problem is that lens is going to cost you twice your listed budget.

You might consider the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Lens or the Tamron SP 28-75 f2.8. I can't give you any opinions on either lens as I have never used either. Hopefully others that have will give you their opinions of them and any other lenses that might fit your needs if you want a faster lens.

I just pointed out the low light problem because I wanna buy some glass knowing the worst case scenario for it.
And this lens is really atractive, much more than the tamron or the sigma tbh.

I tried a FD lens my father had laying around ( 35-70mm ) and I could get shots with 1250 ISO keeping in mind this one has stabilizer it should be ok I think I should be ok in low light ( unless I go pitch black :p )

Well that is what photography is all about. Compromise. The Canon 25-105 is an outstanding lens. Like I said I don't own it, but I have used it and it is quality glass. If you can live with the 1 stop loss then that sounds like the lens to get.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back