War Cloud

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
6422832-lg.jpg

So anyhow, the shot is smoke from a wildfire in the mountains pouring out and into the desert floor. When I shot this it was only about 500 acres burned. This morning it was 14,000 with no end to growth in sight.

I'm sorry to hear about the fire, however I'm really impressed with this picture Abraxas. Nice shot.

It's almost a regular thing. In 2003 the same area burned. A couple/3 years ago we lost maybe 200,000 acres. Kind of depressing. I don't keep track amymore. Desensitized I guess.

As far as I can tell, it's south and west of the 4th shot in this thread;
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93965

The dry lake (white streak) you see in the shot in the linked thread is Soggy Dry Lake, which is flat before the mountain you see in my shot here.

Thanks, it was pretty.

great pic :thumbup:

we were driving up to vegas on saturday and the smoke was all the way up there. i took a few pics of the mountain while it was burning but am still getting them developed. i dont think they will be as great as yours though:hail:

great pic :thumbup:

we were driving up to vegas on saturday and the smoke was all the way up there. i took a few pics of the mountain while it was burning but am still getting them developed. i dont think they will be as great as yours though:hail:

Thanks. This was within just a few hours after the fire started Friday. Other than this and maybe 90 degrees to the left everything was crystal clear.

Most reactions

Back