Photos NOT OK to edit
This was from a shoot last weekend.

*Hope this makes up for the 'weird little girl' :lol:

116287392-O.jpg

What's up with the weird look....

woodsac said:
This was from a shoot last weekend.

*Hope this makes up for the 'weird little girl' :lol:

:lol: No, this one is beautiful. I love the way the child's eye draws the attention.

pascal

Thanks to both of you.

You made me nervous for a second, Puscas :) I thought...come on...what now :mrgreen:

Thanks Matt. I didn't have a second softbox to put overhead, so I put a 20* honeycomb on an AB400 and stood it up behind her. I tried to get the light behind both heads, but I just couldn't get it without too much spill.

The whole portrait thing is new to me...but I really enjoy it. Lot's to learn!!!

maybe a silly question: but did they complain about the heat at all? I mean with the lights and what seems to be a fur coat? That could be uncomfortable after a while, right? (just wondering, 'cause I'm thinking about doing some portraiture in the near future).

pascal

nice shot !!

is she protecting the little one from you !!!!

lolol jk, nice shot, perfect exposure and crisp too.

Thats awesome man. Love the backlighting.
Can't wait till I get to Canada and can order my AlienBee setup.
Damn the English prices!!!

wow you are getting serious about this portrait stuff hey woods?!.... excellent job man... the hair highlight really helps this image, brilliant capture :thumbup:

Thanks again everyone.

Puscas said:
maybe a silly question: but did they complain about the heat at all? I mean with the lights and what seems to be a fur coat? That could be uncomfortable after a while, right? (just wondering, 'cause I'm thinking about doing some portraiture in the near future).
Yep. After about 20 minutes it started to get warm. I'm using strobes, so the heat from the light isn't a real problem. But a fur coat, and four people in a little space gets warm pretty quick. We took a couple quick breaks so they could cool off.

WOW beautiful .. very nice. Loving your lighting on this one

Thanks again to all.

Mark, I always appreciate the feedback you provide on my 'people' shots. For this one, I just didn't feel like the eyes being placed center was a distraction. I originally tried cropping to move them, but felt like the compo was strong enough to leave it as is?

I am having trouble with two things with people.
One: (even though I don't always think it's as important with people) rule of thirds. This one kind of has a diagonal rot..if there is such a thing :p

Two: Framing! Everyone wants 8x10 and 11x14. I've worked so hard the last couple years learning to compose in camera, that it just comes natural. Well now, once I have to crop, it throws off the whole compo. How do you compensate for cropping?

Most reactions

Back