warm gloves

earthmanbuck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a search in the forum for this topic, but most of the threads were quite old so I thought I'd put it out there again...

I'm on the hunt for some good gloves for shooting outside in the winter. I don't do so very often, but the few times I have it's been pretty awful on the ol' meathooks. Ideally I'm looking for a glove that has good grip and is form-fitting enough that I wouldn't have to take them off or fold back any finger/thumb flaps to take pictures. They'd have to be able to take a bit of cold, too—I'm in Winnipeg, and in the winter months, -20 C is pretty average, and getting down to -40 is not unusual. (Of course at the lower end of that I wouldn't be out shooting, but my point is that they'd need to be decently warm.)

Another option might be something very maneuverable and thin with a good grip that I could wear under my regular winter mitts to just cut the wind and keep my skin somewhat covered while I take shots.

Has anyone used anything like this?

I use these gloves from North Face:

ETIP GLOVE | Canada

They are thin enough that on really cold days you can wear them under heavier gloves and they also have the eTip on the fingers so you can use your phone or any touchscreen. They are tight enough that you have really good control. My camera has sensitive shutter button but I can easily feel the half-press with them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back