Warm place turned cold..

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A park at a nearby town that has some remains of old historic structures. I invisioned large warm meeting place or home. Inside a raging fire inside a large chimney.. long gone cold.

45508316.jpg

Randy

Hi Randy,

I really dig this shot and your description that goes along with it! What a great subject and very nicely framed :thumbsup:

if i were to nitpick, would say i'd like the detail in the rockwall to stand out a bit more (perhaps by contrasting or sharpening it in pshop). I think the weathering of the rocks tell quite a story and I like to see vines (is that what they are?) to stand just a tad more.

great shot, i love abandoned buildings and you've captured this marvelously!

thanks for the comments

Yes, I did experiment with different angles with the exception of vantage points from up the hill ( in the background ). I liked this one the best. Too much to the left caused the picture to go flat. It lost the depth of the collapsed side walls, the thickness of the wall itself, and the portuding weathered stones. Its what you would expect, afterall, its a wall. Too much to the right, you start to loose sight of what used to be a magnificent fire opening. The other side of the wall was pretty boring. I plan on heading out for another series of shots if we get a good snow fall. Defintely will be taking pictures of the same area at different seasons although I feel the lifeless trees in the background are nice touch.

There's also a beautiful old flood control gate from the same time period. Could not get a good shot of it as the area was not exactly safe. Slippery slopes into the river with partially frozon river surface covered with snow. No way did I want to end up in the river in sub zero temperatures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back