WARNING : Blurred photos from Japan

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by ndroo, Apr 22, 2006.

1. ndroo

ndroo TPF Noob!

Did all photos from my trip to Japan using a Lensbaby. Some said I'm crazy, some says they're good. What do you think?

HERE

2. Arch

Arch Damn You! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i'm on the 'they're good' side...... you got some great shots and im i'm a fan of the LB so im glad you used it for these.... great work :thumbup:

3. 2framesbelowzero

2framesbelowzero TPF Noob!

i like many of them..especially the girls shopping and the outdoor stuff.:thumbup:

4. Fate

Fate TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great shots and i love your website set up. What do you use for that flash website?>

5. spako

spako TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really like them! great shots! and great website!

6. ndroo

ndroo TPF Noob!

Everyone, thanks. I use imagevuex for the gallery.

7. THORHAMMER

THORHAMMER TPF Noob!

I think there all good shots, however i cant look at more than 3 or 4 LB pics in a row without having a huge urge to be seasick.. lol

8. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Lovely work with the LB! :thumbup:

9. ndroo

ndroo TPF Noob!

Thorhammer, sorry for making you puke. Hehe. Thanks

Danalec99, thanks :)

10. Paul_the_6th

Paul_the_6th TPF Noob!

The pics are great, the lens baby really gives some of the shots alot of power and significance - BUT - with many of the shots, the lensbaby takes away the impact the image would have had without the blur.

Well composed, interesting and individual images but the lensbaby does become slightly overwhelming & undermines several images.

Keep up the good work!

How was japan? I really fancy it but I've never got round to doing any research on it.

11. FOTO-GRAFFIC

FOTO-GRAFFIC TPF Noob!

Can I play Devils Advocate here. I was bought up from my early days in photography to always - always get the best neg you can get. correct exposure - sharp over the area you want to show etc.etc. Once you have the best neg/image you can then do anything you want with it. Now i have nothing against the lensbaby but it is a gimmick - it's like the filters in Photoshop - great that they are everyone goes mad with them when they first start using PS and it ruins some very good images - difference is they can always go back to the originals - with lensbaby you cannot.
    I do like your images but would have preffered to have seen them without some of the distortion the gadget has produced which now cannot be corrected. There are some fine examples of cityscapes and one in particular - The next train, but if you look closely the real impact point of the image is the trackside sign - if you had used a post image package then you can determin exactly what you want to blur/defocus and to what extent.
    Please, none of this is meant as critisism as I strongly believe in the fact that an image is nothing untill it reacts with the viewer and it is that reaction and the emotion it brings that determins the success of an image -therefore everyone will see an image differently.
    I do like your web site and would like to see some more of your work but without the gadgetry attached to the camera.:thumbup:

12. yoursatellite

yoursatellite TPF Noob!

regardless of the method.....tons of character. nice pics.