WARNING : Blurred photos from Japan

i'm on the 'they're good' side...... you got some great shots and im i'm a fan of the LB so im glad you used it for these.... great work :thumbup:

I think there all good shots, however i cant look at more than 3 or 4 LB pics in a row without having a huge urge to be seasick.. lol

Lovely work with the LB! :thumbup:

The pics are great, the lens baby really gives some of the shots alot of power and significance - BUT - with many of the shots, the lensbaby takes away the impact the image would have had without the blur.

Well composed, interesting and individual images but the lensbaby does become slightly overwhelming & undermines several images.

Keep up the good work!

How was japan? I really fancy it but I've never got round to doing any research on it.

ndroo said:
Did all photos from my trip to Japan using a Lensbaby. Some said I'm crazy, some says they're good. What do you think?

HERE

Can I play Devils Advocate here. I was bought up from my early days in photography to always - always get the best neg you can get. correct exposure - sharp over the area you want to show etc.etc. Once you have the best neg/image you can then do anything you want with it. Now i have nothing against the lensbaby but it is a gimmick - it's like the filters in Photoshop - great that they are everyone goes mad with them when they first start using PS and it ruins some very good images - difference is they can always go back to the originals - with lensbaby you cannot.
I do like your images but would have preffered to have seen them without some of the distortion the gadget has produced which now cannot be corrected. There are some fine examples of cityscapes and one in particular - The next train, but if you look closely the real impact point of the image is the trackside sign - if you had used a post image package then you can determin exactly what you want to blur/defocus and to what extent.
Please, none of this is meant as critisism as I strongly believe in the fact that an image is nothing untill it reacts with the viewer and it is that reaction and the emotion it brings that determins the success of an image -therefore everyone will see an image differently.
I do like your web site and would like to see some more of your work but without the gadgetry attached to the camera.:thumbup:

I see where you are coming from, but allow me to be Devil's Advocate's Devil's Advocate. ;)

FOTO-GRAFFIC said:
Now i have nothing against the lensbaby but it is a gimmick - it's like the filters in Photoshop - great that they are everyone goes mad with them when they first start using PS and it ruins some very good images -
What if the creator is content with the 'filtered' and/or the 'lensbabied' version?

difference is they can always go back to the originals - with lensbaby you cannot.
What if one does not want to? What if the creator made all the creative decisions while he/she was looking through the viewfinder?

i like the colours you've got in the street ones

I think you are not crazy.. you got some really great images!

Most reactions

Back