Warning, if you find flowers boring pass on this thread

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While my wife was @ the gym I walked about in town. All shot with a Minolta 50/1.4 on a G1.

P1020337sm.jpg

P1020342sm.jpg

P1020343sm.jpg

P1020344sm.jpg

P1020346sm.jpg

P1020350sm.jpg

P1020348sm.jpg

P1020351sm.jpg

P1020353sm.jpg

P1020354sm.jpg

P1020356sm.jpg

Oh man I like these. I love the DoF in 9

I find flowers boring but I looked anyway.

#6 and #9 came out great. The others don't really stand out to me as much, but 6 and 9 are big-time keepers.

Numbers one and nine are my favorites. That wild bokeh in shot nine is what I like about it.

Great shots. I like number nine and number ten the best, but I think they are all very good.:thumbup:

I love flowers but I find 99% of photos of them boring.

Not the best title for a thread as you are inviting what you want to reject, imho.

Some nice shots though ;)

I love flowers but I find 99% of photos of them boring.

Not the best title for a thread as you are inviting what you want to reject, imho.

Some nice shots though ;)

Thanks but the title was aimed @ the folks who complain about "more flower" pics. Sorta like on another forum not photo related, you warn of pics of bugs or snakes because it freaks some folk out. :D

Thanks all, for your comments.

Nobody commented on #8, - too artsy maybe?

Nobody commented on #8, - too artsy maybe?

Well, I'd like (maybe) a bit more depth of focus here. BUT what I do love are the colors. It's a very simple (having 2 basic colors) and pleasing image and the background blurred nicely, those big circles (that I can't seem to get.. even at 1.8).

I did achieve what I set out to do in #8, get the tip of the closest petal in focus fading away behind. In retrospect I see that a little more in focus would improve the image. With regard to brightening, I tried that & it spoiled the "mood" I was after. If that makes any sense to anybody.

I presented a wide spectrum of images from this lens & subject mater & it seems that the most popular were the isolated subjects with depth. I cannot help but wonder if taste in photos is a fashion thing.

I cannot help but wonder if taste in photos is a fashion thing.

Wow! Of course it is and I would think you've been here long enough to know that. :lol:

Just like any other subject, photography is influenced by outside, dark forces. :lmao:

Well I really like 8. Love the soft colours in the background, they compliment the magnolia nicely, though I'd prefer that to be a bit sparper. Overall it has the feeling of a painting.

...and yes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder;)

While I was shooting flowers this guy followed me for a half block wanting me to play. He would drop the squeeze toy & then back off for me to retrieve it. He finally gave up when I would not touch that grubby thing he treasured.

P1020341sm.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back