Warning: Peeved off chica inside...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Luminosity, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

Ok this thread doesnt need to exist .. but indulge me for it serves no other purpose other then I need to rant ....

A week and a half ago I raced out to buy film coz there was an awesome big full moon out and I wanted to capture it.The guy at the lab offered to load the film for me so I said " Sure , you'll be quicker loading it then I will be...." and I went off on my merry way and got what I thought would be great shots ... then a few days later I went on a 3- 4 hour wander around the city .. snapping all these gothic churches against the most weird and pretty purple night skies and city life etc ...
    My feet hurt a lil by the end of it but it was worth it , only for the chance that some of these shots would turn out good !

Ran to the same lab today to get it developed .. waited an hour in a nearby cafe and watched the clock .....I've been DYINNNN to see the pics for a week now ...... !

When I went back what did they have waiting .... ?
    A BLANK freaking roll ! The guy at the lab didnt load the film properly !!! :cry:
    What a waste of money and time and I got excited for nothing !

Three rolls of film have gone thru this camera since I've had it .. first time someone else loaded the film and THAT turned out to be blank ... next time , I loaded it .. and it was fine .....

Moral of the story : If ya want something done and done PROPERLY , do it yourself. :irked: :(

I'm gonna go look at Dorff-man pics now to ease my pain ..... :greenpbl:

[/rant]

2. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

What a wanker! Did u tell him off?
    You should have at least gotten free film out of that!

3. Luminosity

The eijit wasnt there when I went to pick it up grrrr ! Or he woulda copped a lumi-verbal-bash !
    I think I shoulda got free film too ! I might go back and talk to him...

4. Luminosity

On a different note ...
    Who do ya reckon is gonna be evicted tonight on Big Brother ?

I'ma go with Merlin the whinge-ician ...he just might be on his way oot ......
    Bree kinda shits me , only because she's continuing a lil vendetta against Terri (not that I'm such a big fan of Terri , I just feel sorry for her coz she keeps copping it from ppl , come nominations etc ) ...
    Anyway Bree reminds me of the kind of 'popular bitchy girl' I think everyone went to school with at some point ... I'd like to see her go before Terri...
    Ya know who I like ? Paul ! He's a cheeky lil schemer and makes me laugh !
    Paul and Trevor are my faves :lol:

5. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

Yes, Paul is hilarious.
    I think hes starting to get a big following.
    I do actually like Merlin. I think hes smart and interesting.
    I hope its Bree but I think it might be Terri this week.

6. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    lol, your story above is one of the many reasons i went digital. I can't blame the guy though, he was prolly so enamoured by your beauty he couldn't put the film in straight. I prolly would have done the same thing if a pretty girl ask me to do it. :oops: give him a break.

on another more positive note, i never had a bad photo lab experience in aussie-land. I even went to small drug store lab in back o burke south australia and their processing was out of this world. I had excellent rolls developed in Adelaide, Newcastle, Hobart, Halls Gap and Bundaberg... the processing was so good from my casual snapshots that it inspired to delve deeper into my photography.

It was only when i returned from oz that I discovered at least 50% of photography is in the processing... and from my own experience, most yankee and kiwi photo processing places really blow. :irked:

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi :) :D

7. Luminosity

awwargghhhh man! Vonn !... Shaddupppp !! :LOL:

*pinches ya*

I'm still a film fan ( flim-flan ? Title has a certain ring to it :scratch: ...lol ) and probably will always be but it was days like today that my thoughts sung to the tune of " SH** ! It'd be bloody easier and cheaper and more instantly gratifying to go (swear word approaching.... ) DIGITAL ! :eek:

Wow , on the Big Brother 4 front , gut instinct was right and it was Merlin that went but geeeeeeze at the stunt he pulled on stage ! :roll:

8. Dweller

Dweller Inconspicuous Supporter

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Wow do I feel your pain :(

I am on my 5th roll with this camera and so far have loaded the film wrong twice. Both rolls were full of wonderful shots that I spent hourts and hours tracking down. The second roll had a bunch of fireworks shots I was experimenting with too.

But I have learned a couple of tricks with my camera to be sure that the film is advancing so I am hoping that it will not happen again..

it was *almost* enough to drive me to digital. hehe

9. westman

westman TPF Noob!

WTF......
    Luckyly i have never tried the thing what u said..
    That's the reason why chose a photo shop with well reputition..

Anyway Digital is cant compare to film even though the top models. i mean the feeling, is not only the defination

10. Not Neve

Not Neve TPF Noob!

Lumi, that sucks! I'm sure he'd feel horrible if he knew that happened with the roll he loaded for you.

11. malachite

malachite Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

I've had my fair share of Photo-Lab screw ups. The latest being that they scratched the holy living turd outta the first and last 3 frames on 4 rolls of slides during mounting. They were not happy to see that it was Fujichrome 64T after they said they would reimburse my film (they were selling it for about $12 USD a roll)

I've had entire rolls get stuck and demolished in their machines before but there's not much you can do. A resectable lab should however be very appolligetic right off the start and should be offering replacement film. Your situation is a little different though as a lab's responsibility isn't in film loading. Which leads me to ask why you would have even let someone else load film in your camera? Was he teaching you as he went or was he just offering? Go back, tell your story, get a new roll of film.

It sucks when things like that happen but what can you do?

12. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

I feel your pain.

Here's the thread I started after ruining the 2nd roll of film I ever put through my manual SLR.