Warning to All Flickr Users!

Are they now forcing users to change login??

I believe their general move is to step away from using Yahoo accounts as part of the sign-in process since Yahoo is basically a dead service now that many don't use. So they are instead moving to a more typical "registered email and password" approach for users. I don't know if they are forcing the change or rolling it out in phases, just that its now in place to allow users to register "normally" and not be tied to a yahoo account system.

I believe their general move is to step away from using Yahoo accounts as part of the sign-in process since Yahoo is basically a dead service now that many don't use. So they are instead moving to a more typical "registered email and password" approach for users. I don't know if they are forcing the change or rolling it out in phases, just that its now in place to allow users to register "normally" and not be tied to a yahoo account system.
Maybe I was doing something wrong, PC wouldn't let me beyond a change login page last night so I changed it

A massive cock-up....

I registered with Flickr YEARS ago.....my original e-mail provider is long,long out of business...my phone number is no longer..it was a land line I had back in 2007-2008...they cannot update me...as I said, a massive m cock-up on their end...unable to handle any updating...

Thank God I have used FLickr only as a download center for people I have met.

In fairness Derrel its not really flickr's fault that you've lost all your old email and phone number contact points. But I think that's part of why they are doing the update because many people don't use the old yahoo emails and mostly only ever touched them to use them for signing in. Heck a long while back I set my regular email as the security/backup/whatever for my yahoo email so I was covered on that front.

Have you tried going through customer support - which if they've just made this update mandatory instead of optional (as it was a few months back) then it might just be overloaded for a bit.

I have two accounts - the older one is set for yahoo while the newer one is set for gmail.

I don't know why anyone would use flickr after what they pulled. I wouldn't use flickr if they paid me. Will never use flickr again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back