warping watermarks makes them harder to remove

Interesting... if you have a large collection of on-line images subject to commercial hacking. Probably not a real issue for most of us who aren't in the stock field.

Interesting... if you have a large collection of on-line images subject to commercial hacking. Probably not a real issue for most of us who aren't in the stock field.

Good to know for me, I occasionally cover sporting events and sell the photos online afterward.

An interesting read - thanks

Let them steal it and then sue.

I'd take this information with a grain of salt. Who are these so-called research scientists? Real scientists would be publishing results in journals, providing citations and credentials. I think anybody can post whatever they want on Google research so who knows how much expertise they have (or don't have).

I customize my watermarks for each photo I watermark, so I guess that ought to mess with a computer trying to figure out a pattern! lol But seriously, I'd suggest thinking about what you're watermarking, what your usage will be, what you're posting where, and take a look at Terms to see if a site allows for others to use your photos.

If you don't want it stolen on the innernets, don't post it.

Most reactions

Back