Washington DC

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A week or two ago I want to Washington Dc and brought my camera. here is what I got out of it, any C&C wont hurt so please be harsh about it.

2777982839_19c63bd925.jpg

2778838036_01c257eaef.jpg

2778832948_89051b04de.jpg

2777974299_2cc82f1bfd.jpg

2777973183_35f9649cd0.jpg

2777972269_52049bb4b8.jpg

2772599169_1090970809.jpg

I'm a novice at photography so I can't rate them for you but do you by any chance post on pbnation?

C&C per req:

1. Nice image, good composition, nice use of parallel lines. The exposure is good on the bridge, but a Grad-ND would have really helped to enhance the sky.

2. Good exposure on this one, but the composition doesn't work for me. I would prefer to see this focused on the centre of the dome, with the ribs radiating outward equally in all directions.

3. Some blown highlights and too-dark shadow areas in this one, but overall the exposure isn't bad given the situation. I would suggest however, a closer crop to attract the eye to the waterfall more.

4. This I think is a shot that just missed. What I would suggest for this is go get down lower, so that you're shooting horizontally at the level of the upper half of the headstone, and frame diagonal rows, ideally with sharp focus on some of the script in one in the foreground.

5. Between the cropped top of the monument and the skewed perspective, this one doesn't appeal much. The use of a circular polarizer would have benefitted it greatly.

6. Nice B&W conversion, but would be better with a longer exposure (3 sec+) to achieve the soft, "vaporous" water that you almost have here.

7. Another image that is almost there. Judging by the light on the far side of the structure, you were there at a great time of day, but this image doesn't really say much to me. The bulk of it is also somewhat underexposed (1/2 stop).

Overall nice work. A few minor technical and artistic points to consider. In the future it would be much appreciated if you could number the images you post, and limit them to no more than five per post, which is about as many as can effectively be critiqued in one "sitting"
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

thanks that C&C helped allot. And sorry for the many pictures just wanted to show one from every part of my trip.

Most reactions

Back