Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here are few pictures from Washington DC any C&C is appreciated

4805312011_42c2b5ef35_b.jpg

4803977066_45ccd1c80b_b.jpg

4805397349_4967d501a9_b.jpg

4806050688_4b22a38b20_b.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the second one! Is that the WWII monument in the foreground? The Washington memorial looks awesome!

I absolutely love the second one.

I'm a huge history buff, and DC is one of my favorite places in the world. It's not only a great experience for just about anyone, but it's a photographer's dream. Well...depending on what you like to shoot, I guess.

The second is easily the best here, for its symmetry! Well chosen POV! AND you have enough light ... which doesn't quite apply as much to 3 and 4 (but I have been there at night, too, and know how the buildings are lit up, and how difficult it is to get any more light into your photos without all blowing the buildings).

those are some awesome night shots did you get any of the vietnam wall?

I've been wanting to head to DC at night to take pics and I think you just inspired me to do so. Nice work!

I'll chip in...

The composition on these is good, a few look to need a tad bit straightening. #1 and #2 the 'bigger' waterspouts are overblown too much, IMO. #2 the tower is solid white... :meh: White balance is off on these two as well. Suggest a smaller aperature and a few seconds longer on the shutter.

#3 Again... to hot. I'm going to guess the aperature was open too wide. For night stuff inside the city, you have to knock the aperature down to at least F/11-16 to get decent exposure w/out blowing out the lights.

Gauge your brightness with slower or faster shutter speeds instead of opening your aperature for more light.

Overall they are pretty decent I would have to say... Just a few minor tweaks.;)

Hope these comments help you -- keep shooting

those are some awesome night shots did you get any of the vietnam wall?

No I havent been there as yet, but this weekend i am planing on going to Arlington Cemetery n Vietnam Memorial and couple other places i missed.

#3 Is that a plane in the top right? Pretty cool you can see the flashing light as a spot at regular intervals, the right light and a big white light. I'd clone it out for the purposes of your photo though :)

#3 Is that a plane in the top right? Pretty cool you can see the flashing light as a spot at regular intervals, the right light and a big white light. I'd clone it out for the purposes of your photo though :)

Yes its actually a plane doing the river approach its actually fun to watch.... thanx for the C&C

Yes its actually a plane doing the river approach its actually fun to watch.... thanx for the C&C

AHH!! haha...for the longest time I just sat and stared at that picture trying to figure out what in the world that was. Good call.

I've lived just outside of DC for my whole life and I guess I take for granted the photo ops that I have just a few miles away. I love your second photo and it definitely makes me want to go in to the city more often just to snap some pictures!

Most reactions

Back