Washington's Homeless

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DC's homeless rely on the city's steam system vents for warmth. Please forgive the grainy look; set on 1600 ISO for a previous shoot:

14262265-L.jpg

14262264-L.jpg

Wow, those pictures make me feel so bad for those people, and it makes me feel lucky to be where I am.

I don't like the picture quality but at the same time I think it goes with the mood of the picture.

Whoa!!! Thoughtful work as always!!! I have a hard time viewing photos of street people. Generally the photos I have seen seem to be invading someone's personal space as opposed to getting the real story. These photos transcend that. The faceless have a stronger power and you have illustrated that.

Of course the work of the incomparable Margaret Bourke White comes to mind. That was a different time for America. Let us never forget...

craig said:
Whoa!!! Thoughtful work as always!!! I have a hard time viewing photos of street people. Generally the photos I have seen seem to be invading someone's personal space as opposed to getting the real story. These photos transcend that. The faceless have a stronger power and you have illustrated that.

Of course the work of the incomparable Margaret Bourke White comes to mind. That was a different time for America. Let us never forget...

Quizbiz said:
Wow, those pictures make me feel so bad for those people, and it makes me feel lucky to be where I am.

I don't like the picture quality but at the same time I think it goes with the mood of the picture.

'bout sums up what I was thinking. As always, your photos are fabulous.
The second shot captures the mood completely, IMO.

You know, I always say how good your pictures are. Tonight we were talking and I think it's more than that. I think we have a similar style so it's more that you inspire me, as well as many more members of the forum, to be better photographers. Awesome shots.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said......

I personally love the grainy look, adds to the mood of the photos. Your artistic vision, and the deep respect with which you photograph your subjects both living and architectural inspirational. Thank you.

What can I say.......Damn good pictures! I agree the graininess adds to the picture. As Graig said, not seeing the faces makes the images stronger.

Most reactions

Back