Watch photography

y75stingray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't posted in forever so I thought I would take a minute and share some of my latest pieces. Both of these consist of several photos each carefully lit at different angles and then stitched together in post. hope you like them!

Very nicely done! I wish I had the time to do more composite light painting sorts of shots for the production work I do...

Sweet! They both look really good, but for some reason the oof band on both looks unnatural.. and I can't quite pin down why.

Best,
Jake

I have two issues with the background.

1- Its a bit distracting.
2- Your background is in focus yet the back of the watch band in front of it is not. Essentially your image has two planes of focus, the watch race and the background and the part in-between is not as sharp.

I have two issues with the background.

1- Its a bit distracting.
2- Your background is in focus yet the back of the watch band in front of it is not. Essentially your image has two planes of focus, the watch race and the background and the part in-between is not as sharp.

DOH! That's why the oof band threw me off.

Thanks for the comments. I will agree I should have focus stacked and had the back of the band in focus. Unfortunately the client felt differently about it and wanted it slightly oof so not to take away from the face of the watch. Since they are their images I went ahead and gave them what they asked for.

Thanks for the comments. I will agree I should have focus stacked and had the back of the band in focus. Unfortunately the client felt differently about it and wanted it slightly oof so not to take away from the face of the watch.

Then simply make the background a bit out of focus.

Thanks for the comments. I will agree I should have focus stacked and had the back of the band in focus. Unfortunately the client felt differently about it and wanted it slightly oof so not to take away from the face of the watch.

Then simply make the background a bit out of focus.

Again, not what the client wanted. I did suggest that though.

So you didn't take the pictures you just Photoshoped them?

Again, not what the client wanted. I did suggest that though.

Good man. The client gets whatever they want, artistic vision be damned. At a recent engagement shoot, I actually did a selective color shot because the bride-to-be thought it was the coolest thing ever...

Great images aside from the aforementioned issues.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back