Water and Stone

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I coloured this image for a photo request. Sorry for the small size.

It is my first one for the critique forum, but no need to be gentle ;)

_MG_8267_false.jpg

Thank you for the (short) critique :)

A very 'masculine' piece.

Now that is really interesting, since my first thought was that it appears 'feminine' despite the sharp edges.

This is a really nice shot. There's a couple lines to the left of the right side of the "v" that are distracting and the water is noisy or something near the bottom. The white line is distracting too. Very cool though.

Thanks!

There's a couple lines to the left of the right side of the "v" that are distracting

Since this is granite (?) pieces, this is where they are put together. thought of cloning them out, but then decided against it.

I though leaving them gives it a more "real" look and not computer generated.

and the water is noisy or something near the bottom.
It is actually very shallow, so you can see the underlying granite, so it is the granite pattern, not noise. Maybe I should repost a larger version

The white line is distracting too. Very cool though.
Again, this is where the granite segments are glued together. I guess it is white since it has been sealed against water. Maybe you are right and it would look more pleasing without that line.

Since this is granite (?) pieces, this is where they are put together. thought of cloning them out, but then decided against it.

No,no,no,no,no, the joints look cool. There are two little tiny white lines about a half inch down, and a half inch to the left, of the upper right hand corner of the shot. They look like a set of little parens- minor. Probably looks better full size. I just wanted to write, "No,no,no,no,no."

The straight white line extending up from the intersection of the "V" is still wierd even though I know what it is now. The granite (noise) under the water is cool.

I really like the POV. Overall, the shot reminds me of an abstract of the downstream side of a v-notch weir. Very cool effect.

--

Thank you for the (short) critique :)
Now that is really interesting, since my first thought was that it appears 'feminine' despite the sharp edges.

I am beginning to think you are hung-up on sexual imagery. :lol: Although I studied that area in literature and art, I tend to ignore it, when I do photography. Far be it from me either to look at images as masculine or femine. If it is a good photo,...whether it is masculine or feminine is totally irrelevant. Even further, if it sells, why should I care.

skieur

abraxas: sorry, misread you there.. now i see what you mean! .. well that are just reflections, but now that you mention them, they bother me a bit ;)

skieur: well, the image was not taken with the intention of being sexual ... just afterwards I thought it looked a bit sexual ;)

This is most definitely a feminine piece. The deep "V" or chalice is symbolmatic to the womb. Aside from all of that is very peaceful to look at.

Thanks alot. Maybe all your thoughts will give me a chance/good idea to name the image.

Most reactions

Back