"Water Drop" Shot - C&C Please

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by JohnS., Sep 19, 2008.

1. JohnS.

JohnS. TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Camera: D40 18-55 kit. Have the original and a edited one I made up real quick for kicks and giggles.

And can you add border with LightRoom? I tried downloading PhotoShop3 or w/e and it was some cd burning program so I said screw that and didn't want to keep trying.

Original (had to use flash because I didn't have enough natural light even with the windows open, and 3 different light sources on :???:)
    [​IMG]

Used LightRoom real quick but don't think I like how it turned out just because I used flash and you can see the shadow of the faucet in the background
    [​IMG]

2. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    nice movement capture, I kinda like the shadow, gives the picture an ominous feeling....

My kitchen has no good light either, I end up going out side for any kinda watter drop shots lol

3. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Very cool capture. Too bad about the flash.

4. JohnS.

JohnS. TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah I like the shadow but at the same time I don't. I don't moreso than I do. I dunno lol.

Thanks!

Yeah :???:. I had the light above the sink on, the light above the counters on, the light above the kitchen dinner table on (all 3 within 5 feet of the sink), the curtains behind the sink wide open, and all the window curtains in the surrounding rooms wide open so let as much light in to the kitchen as possible. And I took this picture during the day, early afternoon, clear sky. :(

Thanks for the input!

5. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    ^^ lol wow.

It always amazes me how little light we need to see compared to how much you need to expose a picture.