Water Drop

eccs19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been in a bit of a funk lately with the weather being kind of crappy, so thought I'd play in the tub for a bit. Here are the results. Hope you enjoy.

IMGP4187-2.jpg

I at first looked at this and thought 'meh'. But I took a closer look and saw how your bathroom is perfectly reflected in the drop. Very very cool! :thumbup:

How did you do it? Looks like maybe you splashed the water and then flipped the image 180 degrees?

How did you do it? Looks like maybe you splashed the water and then flipped the image 180 degrees?

No rotating at all. Just cropped. It's dripping out of the tap. Original picture you see the tap and all.

Original as requested. (Don't mind the sensor dust) :blushing:

IMGP4187-3.jpg

Aha, I see why you cropped it.
The original is a bit off putting.
Final out come is awesome though!

First try, need to somehow get a tri-pod or something to the sink, cause I just can't stay still enough to keep it in focus. Need more lighting too so I can get a faster shutter speed.

hvaz2f.jpg

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Maybe I should take my macro filters off and just crop it out.

Good try. If your using auto focus, try manual focus, that way you don't have to worry about it changing on you. My shutter speed was only 1/150th. The trick is to use your flash. I didn't use on board, but I'm sure you'd get same effect. Hope those tips help. Oh, and I didn't use a tripod. It was handheld.

First try, need to somehow get a tri-pod or something to the sink, cause I just can't stay still enough to keep it in focus. Need more lighting too so I can get a faster shutter speed.

hvaz2f.jpg

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Maybe I should take my macro filters off and just crop it out.

Good try. If your using auto focus, try manual focus, that way you don't have to worry about it changing on you. My shutter speed was only 1/150th. The trick is to use your flash. I didn't use on board, but I'm sure you'd get same effect. Hope those tips help. Oh, and I didn't use a tripod. It was handheld.

I was using manual focus, but my eye sight isn't the best so I can never really tell if it is in focus for. Because of the low lighting without flash it was a kinda slow shutter speed, I'll try again tomorrow.

water drop are always so cool looking!!! i love the reflection within the drop. nice

Most reactions

Back