Water Droplets.

I think I'd like a little bit larger depth of field. So that the main area of focus....which is that large drop, would be more in focus and encompass some of the nearby drops as well.

^^ i agree

Each "F number" is called an F-Stop. Example... If I shot of an F-Stop of 4.0, I would then move two stops by going from 4.0 to 4.5 to 5.0.

The lower the F-stop, the more light it lets and the shallower the depth of field. The higher the f-stop, the less light it lets in and the deeper the depth of field.

Each "F number" is called an F-Stop. Example... If I shot of an F-Stop of 4.0, I would then move two stops by going from 4.0 to 4.5 to 5.0.

The lower the F-stop, the more light it lets and the shallower the depth of field. The higher the f-stop, the less light it lets in and the deeper the depth of field.

Cept technically you'd go from 4.0, to 5.6 and then to 8.0 if you're going full stops.

I dono where you got your numbers from. I understand it's hard to remember all the stops...but it'll come to you.

Go to the f-number wiki...it's pretty helpful, and has a chart

Anyways...the fstop changes the depth of field (DOF)...by opening it, the depth of field becomes smaller (2.8), by closing it, the depth of field gets bigger (8/11 or something)...
By closing down the aperture, it lets only light coming straight through the lens in, so it's kinda like focusing without focusing....if that makes sense. I dono, it's hard to explain.
Just remember that small number means BIG aperture means small depth of field. Opposite for big number.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back