Water drops(had to try it)

JAFO28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, after seeing TJ K's thread and the video that was posted I had to give it a shot. Took about 200 shots and these two seamed to be the best. Trying to get get the timing down was tricky but a lot of fun. Doing this kind of shooting keeps me from thinking about how far off spring and summer are. Please let me know what you think, thanks. Frank

4226854881_44391b7838.jpg

4227624250_d950f50621.jpg

Oh wow... The color on the second one, beautiful! I think you did a good job of it. I'll need to check out that thread and see exactly how you did it, haha!

Borrowed my wife's 105mm macro, great lens.

Nice! You did a damn good job. The color in 1 is great. I need to get a macro to really get in close enough and not get the edge of any of the containers in the picture. Next time also try to get at like the level of the water and see how that works. I wish I could use my extension tube but it stops the lens all that way down so the shutter speed would be really long.
TJ

It looks GREAT!

Man, I can't wait until I get my DSLR and a good lens so I can try this too! You and TJ are making me envious, LOL!

Thanks everyone! TJ, I did think about getting lower but not until I shot close to 150 shots. Thats ok though it gives me something else to do another day. Darkhunter I used an sb-600 off camera and various colors of card stock that I bounced the flash off of.

Ya I only shot about 50 and I thought that was a lot. I was doing it kinda late and the beeping of the flash was getting everyone a bit irriatated lol but I didn't want to shut the sound off because I would never remember to turn it back on. I'm going to have to try some more though. Did you use f/8 1/250 with flash at 1/16 like the vid said or did you do something else?
TJ

Those two I actually screwed up on a little, I still had it in aperture priority from earlier in the day. They were both at 1/60sec @f11.

Ya I found that 1/60 and 1/100 at f/8 was better than 1/250 so that is what I used for the ones that actually came out. It is actually pretty fun. What was your set up for the drops and all that jazz.
TJ

I used the cheap tripod that came with my spotting scope. I positioned it over the dish that I had the water in and strapped the bag with water to center. Thats the best use for the flimsy tripod they packaged with the scope, other than doubling as a light stand. Speedlight only nothing heavy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back