Water Drops (My turn)

Cool cool! Just remember though with the sb400 if you tend to shoot in portrait orientation you can't bounce the flash off the ceiling I believe. Besides that it's sick and the 50 well I want one too lol looking for a good deal on ebay for maybe a 1.4
TJ

Yeah you can bounce the SB400

I want to get either the SB400 or 600 not sure yet. I just tried some shots at the faucet with my on camera flash! It was pretty fun haha.

Cool cool! Just remember though with the sb400 if you tend to shoot in portrait orientation you can't bounce the flash off the ceiling I believe. Besides that it's sick and the 50 well I want one too lol looking for a good deal on ebay for maybe a 1.4
TJ

I want to get either the SB400 or 600 not sure yet. I just tried some shots at the faucet with my on camera flash! It was pretty fun haha.

Yes but it doesn't swivel so if you are in portrait/vertical you can't turn it so it will bounce off the ceiling.
TJ

Then I tied up a zip lock bag with some water in it and poked a little hole in the bottom left corner and it dripped at an even pace.

^^^

Ah, so that's the key! :)

lol well i didn't want them to put a hole right in the middle lol and the bottom right side i made a huge hole and it came out like a hose lmao :lol:
TJ

TJ

Yes but it doesn't swivel so if you are in portrait/vertical you can't turn it so it will bounce off the ceiling.
TJ

Oh yeah duh, is there a way trigger the SB600 with a D40?

You're pictures are great btw!

Thank you! The d40 doesn't have a commander mode on it so the only way to trigger an sb600 would be some sort of radio trigger. You can pick up the cactus triggers here or you can go for something more reliable and better made like the alien bee cyber syncs which you can get here getting the flash off your camera is the beginning to a new world. Check out strobist.com as well.
TJ

Thank you! The d40 doesn't have a commander mode on it so the only way to trigger an sb600 would be some sort of radio trigger. You can pick up the cactus triggers here or you can go for something more reliable and better made like the alien bee cyber syncs which you can get here getting the flash off your camera is the beginning to a new world. Check out strobist.com as well.
TJ

Ok cool I am just going to save up for an SB600 cause I know ill just want to upgrade if I get the SB400.

Thanks!

Nice shot. Also, if you use a clear glass container you won't have such a hard horizon line in the image. Good job.

Ya i had such a problem setting it all up. If i got close enough that the edges weren't visible the camera wouldn't focus and if I backed up you could see the edges and I don't really have any clear glasses/containers that aren't super deep.
TJ

TJ K, great shot! Thanks for posting the video, gonna try this in the morning looks like a good indoor option on a winter day.

Thank you guys! That pen tip for focusing from the video really helped me out with getting it all in focus. Have fun and post those shots tomorrow!
TJ

Ha. Thank you very much i appreciate all of the comments!
TJ

Most reactions

Back