Water, Ice and Rocks in Fish Creek Park in Calgary on Christmas Day

dllb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It was a very nice day in Calgary on Christmas Day (about +7C) so we went for a walk in Fish Creek Park which runs through the south part of the city. The sun was low in the sky and it made for some beautiful colours.

PC250241-2.jpg

PC250233-2.jpg

PC250242-1.jpg

PC250253-2.jpg

PC250227-1.jpg

PC250248-1.jpg

PC250225-1.jpg

PC250259-1.jpg

PC250262-1.jpg

PC250268-2a.jpg

PC250266-1.jpg

I like the lighting in most of these, especially given the angle of the shot in the first few.

i like how the light hits the lifting ice in #2

I'm really liking #1, 6, and 7...Great lighting.

some really neat shots in there of natural ice formations... i tried some similar shots last year but didn't get many shots to turn out how I had hoped... poor light I guess. :thumbup:

I wish we had some snow here in Ohio... Nice images by the way

So there are parts of this world where it is icy cold with snow and wintery light from a low sun? Honestly?

For to have freezing temps and snow and ice seems to be inconceivable here, another storm with mediterranean winds has been forecast for today and tomorrow, meaning we get temps in the low 40s at least!

I so like the light in all of these, so it is hard to tell if there is one that I like best - but the ice structure in #3 is quite intriguing! :D

So there are parts of this world where it is icy cold with snow and wintery light from a low sun? Honestly?

For to have freezing temps and snow and ice seems to be inconceivable here, another storm with mediterranean winds has been forecast for today and tomorrow, meaning we get temps in the low 40s at least!

I so like the light in all of these, so it is hard to tell if there is one that I like best - but the ice structure in #3 is quite intriguing! :D

Thanks to all for the comments.

I do not profess to understand the complexities of the climate and if global warming is real but we too have been warm for the most part for a few years. It was +7C on Christmas day and most of the first week of Jan will be near or above the freezing point. I am not a fan of real cold weather but it seems that things really have warmed up.

I am glad we have the Rockies just to the west of us and they are still gettting their share of snow.

Lovely shots!!
I love Fish creek, we are very fortunate to have such pristine land within the city.

Is #3 by Sikome Lake?

Most reactions

Back