Water Lily (1680 x 1050)

HowLowCanYaGo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This shot was taken yesterday at the Japanese Garder downtown. Thoughts?

Click for larger version:

I understand that probably you wanted the constrast that high, but... I think that it hurts the picture with that much constrast. I would bring it down just a tad. The other problem that I have is, I have seen a water lily before and I have seen one from that general angle. So seeing another one in a picture doesn't keep my intrest for long. Next time try to think of a creative angle to take that picture. Here's just an excample and I'm not sure if it would be possible, but what if you went back to that same water lily and photographed it from underwater? I undstand you would have to a have a special camera and if this was in a public park some people might look at you strang getting into a little water fountain in the middle of the park but hey it's just and excample. :)

I understand that probably you wanted the constrast that high, but... I think that it hurts the picture with that much constrast. I would bring it down just a tad. The other problem that I have is, I have seen a water lily before and I have seen one from that general angle. So seeing another one in a picture doesn't keep my intrest for long. Next time try to think of a creative angle to take that picture. Here's just an excample and I'm not sure if it would be possible, but what if you went back to that same water lily and photographed it from underwater? I undstand you would have to a have a special camera and if this was in a public park some people might look at you strang getting into a little water fountain in the middle of the park but hey it's just and excample. :)

Hi BoblyBill,

Water lily's typically grow on top of a lily pad, making an underwater shot almost impossible, unless you like the bottom of lily pads for some reason. That's not mentioning the brown sludge and goo that grows on them. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I was just using that as an excample, but yeah I didn't think it was very possible. All that to say, "Try a different angle. One that most people usually don't look at. So, try to avoid standing up and taking the picture. Try to get lower or higher than normal." Sorry for not making myself clear.

Most reactions

Back