Water Photography

RONDAL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hurt my back last night so i can't really go anywhere. Decided it was a good day to try out an experiment i've been wanting to do for a while now.

4041750566_b7419f4c76_b.jpg

4041749982_a5854f2ae5_b.jpg

4041003003_35977acc58_b.jpg

4041002531_57384917f9_b.jpg

4041001959_5e0fa51c2a_b.jpg

This was the best crown i got all day

4041747684_a26b59e7a6_b.jpg

The entire set can be seen here. Including setup details.
Flickr: rondal's Photostream

man i just love water photography
i have only seen one person get a drop hitting the tower of another drop now that was cool.

something to try maybe?

I like it, especially #1, but I feel like there's some more lighting to be had. Seems a little dark.

If I recall, a light in the water (out of frame, obviously) may light the water pretty neat. Like a sealed white LED setup. I'm sure you could find something that you could, worse case, make waterproof with some silicone for a buck or two.

Just my 0.02$

just proves it doesn't it.....it's not just location, location, location but perspective, perspective, perspective ....awesome photos:D

I like it, especially #1, but I feel like there's some more lighting to be had. Seems a little dark.

If I recall, a light in the water (out of frame, obviously) may light the water pretty neat. Like a sealed white LED setup. I'm sure you could find something that you could, worse case, make waterproof with some silicone for a buck or two.

Just my 0.02$

actually you dont need to put a light in the water, you just need to bounce light into the water but not off the background like i was doing it.

if you bounce light perpendicular to the camera into the water and light the background with a different color you will get the effect you were going for.

what i did was slightly different which was have the background one color with the water, and then highlight the liquid that came out of the pool. thats why you see the red color in some areas of the shots.

#4 is my fav ...

now I'm going to have to try this ...

Most reactions

Back