Water skiing first try

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally got around to processing a couple shots from Canadian Thanksgiving!

These were shot from the boat using a 70-200 f4 L

We were skiing on the Gatineau river and had a blast!!

JeffSlalom12008.jpg

JeffSlalom22008.jpg

These two are my favorite shots.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

i dont have a fav if i had to choose id say the first one because of the longer splash? i think thats what you would call but both are awesome.

Sweet, Ive only shot on a boat once. Didn't have a zoom lens then, only my 50 1.4.

lake2.jpg

RIP-Jarred.

finally i got the amazing pics of water skiing which i had never seen before...There are some more pics on Snow-Skiingwhich was very amazing......

Last edited:
I prefer the first to the second because he's just turning towards a path to inside the frame again, while in 2 he's soon to rush out of the frame and has only little room left on that side. I like the sharpness of the splashing water! (However I doubt he was too happy to see what he looked like while he was at water-skiing ;) ).

Thanks for the comments everyone.

It was fun taking the shots!! I skied as well, of course. The water was cold, but that was a good excuse not to fall!!

Lafoto, I agree on the comment about the second shot. I was trying to loosely follow the rule of thirds while keeping the spray with a 6x4 crop.

My brother in law hasn't seen the shots yet, but I think he will chuckle at his expressions!!

Cheers

I also like the first shot with him cutting back into frame, don't worry about rule of thirds it's not the be all and end all

Thanks gsgary!!

With the second one I really wanted to keep most of the spray as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back