Water, water - everywhere....

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's some liquid processing for you....

4377941242_0a91f1aaf3_b.jpg

4377959018_19fae3e00d_b.jpg

4377202531_911737c57d_b.jpg

4377193007_a42425e18f_b.jpg

I downloaded a Plug-in from "Flaming Pear" called - Flood. Just playing around with it, and came up with some rather interesting effects.. I dont see a huge need for it, other than being an amusing toy, but - I'm sure having fun tonight with it... :D

That's fake water added to those photos? That's pretty awesome...

Wouldn't think so at a glance.

Out of all of them, the last one looks the most real. On the others, they're too smooth. When I first opened the topic, I wasn't sure what you meant by processing, I just thought you taken pictures of water (they are very good, don't get me wrong), but as I looked, I was beside myself trying to figure out how you got water to look that way, until I read the rest of the post. Try adding some blur or some filter that makes the water look a little more textured and it'll be incredible!

Other than that, it looks beautiful! Keep up the good work!

The program is wonderful when it comes to creating water, but you still have to do some work to it - for example, the water will create a razor thin line and where water meets land, and, it's just not like that.. It needs softening, shadows, and a little work to make it look real.. For example, in picture #2 I had to clone out the base of the tree and make it look as though it was behind the bank, when the original pic had the base of the tree all the way down to the bottom of the frame.. Still, a neat program/plugin .. Again, no idea where I'd use it, but it was fun wasting a couple of hours while "Figure Skating' was on the TV ... (Wife's fav..) :thumbdown:

r

Not my style, I dont like fake photos, but that effect might look ok with a shot that has water in it.

Not my style, I dont like fake photos, but that effect might look ok with a shot that has water in it.

If the photo has water in it, you wouldn't need this effect..... ;)

Like I said in the orig post, I cant' see too much use for it, but - I'm not against manupliating photos to see what kind of end result you can get.. it's not like it's Reality or Photojournalism - it's just fun...

If the photo has water in it, you wouldn't need this effect..... ;)

It would still make the soft ripple effect right? Might be better than still water.

I don't know ... I know that Photoshop has a "Liquify" filter, but I've never used it - I believe one of it's functions is that you can alter the effect of real water, showing some ripples and waves, among doing other things...

This filter puts water where there never was any, and has the ability to adjust how it looks .... that's why I posted 4 different photos, showing the different looks you can get using the sliders in the program..

That's really interesting. A great way to "waste" time, I imagine. :lol:

That looks kinda cool actually...I wonder what fun I could have with something like that. Like a few of the others I had no idea the water was fake, but the sand dune photo had me wondering for a min :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back