Water, wind and time

Flea 77, sorry, I have nothing against film fans. I used to be one!

Guess the word "fake" in regards to digital shooting and converting is what I'm responding to. No matter how light reacts to silver on the film, in my opinion, if the scene is color and the film, light, and chemical darkroom processing convert it to black and white, the final result may be fantastically beautiful, however, it's still as fake a scene as is a scene digitally shot and converted from color to black and white.

Anyway, to each his own. If everyone thought and acted the same, what a boring world (and forum) this would be.

Guess the word "fake" in regards to digital shooting and converting is what I'm responding to. No matter how light reacts to silver on the film, in my opinion, if the scene is color and the film, light, and chemical darkroom processing convert it to black and white, the final result may be fantastically beautiful, however, it's still as fake a scene as is a scene digitally shot and converted from color to black and white.

I can certainly see your point. I on the other hand think that if the medium in the camera was designed to capture color (sensor or color film) and you convert it, it becomes kinda fake. Not to mention converted B&W almost never looks as good as B&W film. If the film in the camera only captures B&W then the resulting B&W is not a fake. Remember that there are color blind people out there who may argue the whole what is and is not color thing, heh. Also, remember that the human eye never sees the actual color of an item, only the color of light that is reflected off of or through an item, so what is, or is not, true color? :lol:

I do agree that if we all thought the same it would be a pretty boring place! :D

Allan

Fox Paw,

I really like the rework version. Did you notice how the guy who knows how to produce a good image offered you good input?

Marc

Thanks very much, Marc. And yes, I noticed.

Seems like you lost some range in the second version.

Most reactions

Back