Waterballies

Huminaboz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This picture is taken on Auto mode with my camera and macro so I wouldn't say I tried hard to focus or set the aperature or anything.

waterballies.jpg

I'm wondering what people think about the composition and the fact that they're cut off on the sides. And I wanna hear one or two things you don't like about it! Well, you know, in terms of the overall composition, not like, "I hate it when people throw those at me" Actually, no, that's cool too.

I like the colors and I don't mind that the balls are "cut off" but there's a few bright spots in the pic that are just too bright for me and take away from the whole photo.

Calliope said:
I like the colors and I don't mind that the balls are "cut off" but there's a few bright spots in the pic that are just too bright for me and take away from the whole photo.

Heyyyy yeah, you're right, thanks. I think I have a problem with having overly dark or bright parts in my photos.

You are on to something. The colours and shapes are interesting and well lit. I am having a hard time with the ballie in the lower left corner. Seems super distracting. let us know why you included it in the frame.

craig said:
You are on to something. The colours and shapes are interesting and well lit. I am having a hard time with the ballie in the lower left corner. Seems super distracting. let us know why you included it in the frame.

It has this feel of something uninteresting that you look past. Like something in the side of your eye you don't pay attention to. The juxtapositioning makes the things past it all that more interesting.

Although it is a bit bright and -can- be distracting, I fear that if I cut out the ball completely the most interesting purple/yellow one will be cut as well. But I'll give it a shot, thanks.

waterballiescrop.jpg

I'm not sure, I have mixed feelings about it. I feel like something is missing now but I always feel that way about a crop. So what do you think?

I think the crop makes for a stronger frame. I get what you are saying about the juxtaposition, but my eye was having a hard time getting beyond the blown out ball. Personally; one of the few truths in photography is that the eye will go to the lightest part of the frame first.

Some crops made after the original shot are tough. Generally if I feel uncomfortable with it I will re shoot.

Definately needs to be reshot yeah. And I'll move that brightest part of the image tip closer to the front of my mind when I shoot now. *salute*

I love the colors and the composition, in the second one. the first one was too harsh in the lower right corner

Most reactions

Back