waterdrop photography

A few little ones.

All of these images are so impressive, i'm dying to try it out. Do you think it would be possible to not use a designated macro lens? I don't have one just yet and don't really want to dedicate any money towards getting one just yet...

Very nice! I've always wanted to try water drops but as with most things have never gotten around to actually doing it! I really like the first and third one.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk
Thank you so much. It's fun to do but it can be mentally challenging as well. You're constantly trying to come up with different ideas. It's well worth it in the end.

yeah all I can say is wow. I should really look into take pictures like this. it seems like it would be fun!

All of these images are so impressive, i'm dying to try it out. Do you think it would be possible to not use a designated macro lens? I don't have one just yet and don't really want to dedicate any money towards getting one just yet...

Personally I gave up on macro lenses, ext tubes, bellows, etc, years ago. Once I tried the Raynox DCR-250 on a small diameter zooms lens (Canon FD 100-300 F/5.6L) that was it. The advantage is a large macro ratio and an excellent working distance along with a variable ratio. Others love macro lenses, no right or wrong, just different.

All the best and others will have different ideas.

Danny.

My first attempt at water drops.....
IMG_0181_zpsdqjddrp6.jpg

IMG_0179_zpsrr6m3mfc.jpg

I really like the drops, but I am not crazy about the refracted images inside them. Nice shots.

I really like this concept. I have a 50mm and I also have extension tubes so I think I am going to try it this week. If I do, and they come out half decent I shall post it. I love the ones with the leaves and flowers.

Sorry, late to the party, and not very good, but...it's water, and there are drops...

IMG_0035_a.jpg

Most reactions

Back