Waterfall #3 (56k dying)

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot at a local nature preserve this morning. I did some edge burning/vignette and slight curves to eccentuate the existing light. Selective sharpening on the grassy area only.

EOS 10D
Sigma 24-70mm f/3.5-5.6 HF Asperical @24mm f/22
-2 Cokin Grad ND
ISO 100
1/10sec handheld

Not my personal favorite :scratch:

Thoughts?

sauk7844.jpg

Really? Thanks for the compliment.

I need to work on my selection process I think :scratch:

This is my favorite of the four, although #3 is a close second. I prefer this composition and lighting, and the grass in the foreground adds interest and a sense of scale. Like the grass shadows too and the DOF. I find #1 & 4 too busy for me -- especially #1.

Wow, thanks guys :oops: I don't even know what to say! :blushing:

I'll be shooting this location more throughout the summer though. Lot's of great stuff down there this creek spans about 10 miles that I have access to ;) Thanks again for the kind words :thumbup:

Canon Fan, thats a really good shot, youve really worked hard and it works really well....umm critique?

Not a lot of colour, which annoys me...
Maybe too dark around the edges?
Maybe better from a different angle?

Artemis said:
Canon Fan, thats a really good shot, youve really worked hard and it works really well....umm critique?

Not a lot of colour, which annoys me...
Maybe too dark around the edges?
Maybe better from a different angle?

Ture there isn't alot of color. I was hoping the grass would POP a little bit more than it did which I think would have carried it a bit more but the light was just a tick off I think.

Darkness, yup this was another attempt to isolate the grass a bit more, I may have gone a little burn crazy! :confused:

Unofrtunately there really are no other possible angles on this tuft of grass unless I get soaked! Well, actually, hmmm I'll go back and check again :wink:

Most reactions

Back