Waterfall - A Rest Stop

Laurence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a "test" image with old Agfa Astia, as well as the V700 scanner. The purpose was to see how a high-contrast subject would hold up under the processing, and with the "low contrast" Agfa film. I think that it DID hold up nicely for the shadow detail as well as not completely blowing out the whites.

Sometimes it's nice to defer away from the screaming saturation of Velvia, though I do love that film. In this case, I think it helped the deep shadow detail tremendously.

This little waterfalls is not far from my house, and I like to go there to just "get away" once in a while. Because of some rain, the falls looked fuller and better than usual.

Unfortunately, there is a LOT of compression to this detailed image, so try to ignore the artifacts as much as you can.

Falls.jpg

What a gorgeous scene! Like a little slice of paradise. I really like the composition on this one.

What a gorgeous scene! Like a little slice of paradise. I really like the composition on this one.

Thank you, Antarctican! Yes, this is a nice place, very peaceful. With the Yashica Mat, it was advantageous to have the lower angle perspective, and to be able to look down into the viewfinder. The camera was at about "knee level".

What a great picture! Makes me sad though...because it's snowy and boring around here : (

Most reactions

Back