Reaction score
this image was taken of beahr creek far north queensland
setting

fuiji 100 velva
f22@20sec
canon 1000fn
50mm lens

13A_0012x.jpg

Well, this is a photo which makes me think "Rule of Thirds" immediately.
Some photos look well and do well with a line (horizon, here river bank) right through its centre. This one does not. (My opinion). It is clearly divided in two halves, top jungle, bottom river, and it does not do the photo any good. (It is often said that a thus divided photo is "boring").

Other than that I am not too fond of the colour temperature here. The greens are too blue for my liking, if you see what I mean?

And the photo is a bit "pale", lacking in contrasts.

A lot can be mended in some post processing work!

ok, let's start with my little edit (the usual:contrast levels saturation midtones and highlights)
13A_0012x.jpg

voila!

i find the shot classical and i like it, but i'd like to see more of the treetops, maybe it's because indeed of the too geometrical split... it's a sort of landscape but i really do not feel that it has a point of focus, even for a landscape... otherwise it's nice, the colours too...

Oh.
Posted something in the wrong place.
See my thoughts on this in the "In Memoriam" thread, will you, eydryan?

hey, np, but it's really simple. if you want to (and maybe you have yahoo mesenger) i can guide you through, it's very easy to do and once you get the hang of it you see what you can do, this one took me about 30secs :D

and anyway, OLD SCHOOL RULZ! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back