Waterfall

MollyM15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok I am very new to photography I am only 15 years old and am looking into being a photographer when I grow up. I really have no clue what i a, doing so any advice will be very good I don't have a fancy camera I just have a Polaroid digital camera. so here is the pic of my waterfall....

DSCI0013.jpg

Hey there, this is a good photo considering things like framing, composition, and such. I'm assuming your Polaroid camera is a point and shoot?

IF your camera has any manual functions, in this scenario, you would want to use a faster shutter speed. The picture in whole is a tiny bit over exposed, and the sky is a very over exposed. Having the sky come through blue instead of that messy white you see in a lot of point and shoot pictures will really improve the overall shot. One thing to remember is that the exposure of the sky and waterfall will be different, so we want to find a shutter speed that will realistically expose the waterfall and sky at the same time. Sometimes this can rely on the use of filters but follow a couple of those steps and you'll be on your way. Since I'm here, you also want to shoot when the sun is low in the sky. When the sun is high in the sky you're almost gauranteed to end up with a bunch of overexposed, unprofessional photos.

Hope I helped.

Most reactions

Back